The best form of revenge?

Page 2 of 7<12345>Last »
August 3rd, 2014 at 6:50:27 PM permalink
Lemieux66
Threads: 1
Quote: Evenbob
Of course not. Take an ice pick to his tires every
week until he catches you and beats you to death.
That's what I'd do, that will show him.

This guy is a lot shorter than me and fat. I'm tall, lean, and strong and go for the jugular in fights. I'm the heavy favorite in a battle.
August 3rd, 2014 at 7:10:27 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: Lemieux66
So you just accept if people steal and lie to you? That's just ok?

Depends upon your definition of "accept".

I accept bad things happen. I accept they will happen to me. I know people do fucked up things, and I know I, occasionally, will be the target of said things. Mostly, I do what I can to prevent it. But when it happens, I adjust, get over it, and move on.

Some dude banged my girlfriend once. Interestingly, I ended up losing money to him in a card game shortly thereafter. Odder still, I eventually wound up in a position to oversee him in a professional setting. And I still find myself in sporting affairs with him, usually football. When I lost that money to him, I gathered it up, walked over, and paid him personally. Professionally, I ain't never singled him out. And on the field, I haven't taken a single one of the multiple cheap shot opportunities presented. Why? Because he is the dickhead. Him banging my g/f says nothing about me and everything about him. The only thing that matters is what I do, and I'm not letting anyone, especially no dip shit, to turn me into a dickhead.

I've had property stolen by "friends", money stolen, good deals turn bad, time wasted, that's life. My response every time is to not allow them to screw me again and move on in the pursuit of awesomeness. And I am much better off because of it.

Can you say the same? Perhaps time will tell.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
August 3rd, 2014 at 7:21:10 PM permalink
Lemieux66
Quote: Face
Depends upon your definition of "accept".

I accept bad things happen. I accept they will happen to me. I know people do fucked up things, and I know I, occasionally, will be the target of said things. Mostly, I do what I can to prevent it. But when it happens, I adjust, get over it, and move on.

Some dude banged my girlfriend once. Interestingly, I ended up losing money to him in a card game shortly thereafter. Odder still, I eventually wound up in a position to oversee him in a professional setting. And I still find myself in sporting affairs with him, usually football. When I lost that money to him, I gathered it up, walked over, and paid him personally. Professionally, I ain't never singled him out. And on the field, I haven't taken a single one of the multiple cheap shot opportunities presented. Why? Because he is the dickhead. Him banging my g/f says nothing about me and everything about him. The only thing that matters is what I do, and I'm not letting anyone, especially no dip shit, to turn me into a dickhead.

I've had property stolen by "friends", money stolen, good deals turn bad, time wasted, that's life. My response every time is to not allow them to screw me again and move on in the pursuit of awesomeness. And I am much better off because of it.

Can you say the same? Perhaps time will tell.

It depends if there are repercussions to getting revenge. I'm much less apt if there are.
August 3rd, 2014 at 7:29:08 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Al Bundy on revenge.

Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
August 3rd, 2014 at 7:52:04 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
It depends if there are repercussions to getting revenge. I'm much less apt if there are.

There always are.

Always.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
August 3rd, 2014 at 8:19:15 PM permalink
Lemieux66
Quote: Wizard
Al Bundy on revenge.

Yeah!
August 3rd, 2014 at 8:36:41 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Face
There always are.

Always.

Yup. Because you never get away with it. Got
a guy once though. He dumped a friend of
mine, a girl, and we signed him up for over
300 magazine subscriptions. Went to a
Walmart and pulled order forms out of
hundreds of mags and filled them all out
in his name. He went nut for months trying
to straighten it out. We even drove a hundred
miles to mail them from another state.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 3rd, 2014 at 8:50:42 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
I'm on vacation for a few days so I can't really contribute as I'd like to from my phone, but I like a lot of what the Wizard shared and what Face wrote.
St. Paul wrote that being nice to our enemies was like heaping burning coals upon their head, that sounds like pretty good revenge right there.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
August 3rd, 2014 at 9:04:28 PM permalink
Lemieux66
Quote: FrGamble
I'm on vacation for a few days so I can't really contribute as I'd like to from my phone, but I like a lot of what the Wizard shared and what Face wrote.
St. Paul wrote that being nice to our enemies was like heaping burning coals upon their head, that sounds like pretty good revenge right there.

I can't disagree enough.
August 4th, 2014 at 4:22:40 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
This guy is a lot shorter than me and fat. I'm tall, lean, and strong and go for the jugular in fights. I'm the heavy favorite in a battle.

That used to work. It used to be the way things were settled.

Then the short, fat, under-strength guys decided to even it up with guns.
Page 2 of 7<12345>Last »