Robin Williams dead

Page 3 of 3<123
October 7th, 2016 at 4:26:30 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: Fleastiff
You take M. avium tuberculosis and wait twenty years you get Parkinson's with Lewy Body Disase.

Quote: wikipedia Williams article
Williams had been suffering "a recent increase in paranoia". An examination of his brain tissue revealed the presence of "diffuse Lewy body dementia", which had been misdiagnosed as Parkinson's disease. Describing the disease as "the terrorist inside my husband's brain", his wife Susan Schneider stated that "however you look at it—the presence of Lewy bodies took his life."

I can glean that there is a theory about the association of this type of TB with Lewy body formation from the google search link. Officially, causes are unknown.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robin_Williams
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dementia_with_Lewy_bodies
https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&gl=us&tbm=nws&authuser=0&q=scary+clowns&oq=scary+clowns&gs_l=news-cc.1.0.43j0l10j43i53.724.2681.0.4497.8.8.0.0.0.0.1205.5391.3-1j0j1j1j3.6.0...0.0...1ac.1.A6-EK5I_QjE#hl=en&gl=us&authuser=0&q=tuberculosis+lewy
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
October 7th, 2016 at 8:45:23 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: odiousgambit
I can glean that there is a theory about the association of this type of TB with Lewy body formation from the google search link. Officially, causes are unknown.
Well they just gave a Nobel prize to the scientist for his work in Autophagy and its the brain's opposite phagy (xenophagy) that battles the M. avium paratuberculosis .... the 'unknown' is due to medicine ignoring cranial parasites and the fact that it takes about twenty years for LBD to develop.

Genetic linkage studies and genome wide analysis have provided insights into complex medical diseases. Mycobacterium avium ss. paratuberculosis (MAP) causes Johne's disease, an important enteric inflammatory disease mostly studied in ruminant animals. MAP is also the putative cause of Crohn's disease. Moreover, MAP has been linked to other inflammatory diseases: sarcoidosis, Blau syndrome, autoimmune diabetes, autoimmune thyroiditis and multiple sclerosis. Genetic studies reveal an association between Parkinson's disease (PD), leprosy and Crohn's disease and since discovered, these findings have been considered "surprising". Autophagy and ubiquitin-proteosome systems are cellular systems that both fight intracellular pathogens (xenophagy) and maintain cellular protein quality control. PD is a common neurodegenerative disease that manifests clinically as a profound movement disorder. The recognized genetic defects of PD create disruption of cellular homeostasis that result in protein folding abnormalities of PD called Lewy bodies. Those same genetic defects are associated with susceptibility to intracellular pathogens, including mycobacteria. It is now understood that PD Lewy body pathology starts in the enteric nervous system and "spreads" to the brain in a retrograde fashion via the vagus nerve. This is the same process by which prions affect the brain. Lewy body pathology of the enteric nervous system predates the Lewy body pathology of the central nervous system (CNS) by years or even decades. This article proposes that genetic defects associated with PD also result in a permissive environment for MAP infection--ineffective xenophagy. It postulates that beginning as an enteric infection, MAP--via the vagus nerve--initiates a pathologic process that results in a targeted neuroinvasion of the CNS. The article proposes that MAP infection and resultant PD pathology are due, in the genetically at-risk and age dependant, to the consumptive exhaustion of the protein quality control systems.
Page 3 of 3<123