Kayaking Through Zoar Valley

Page 2 of 2<12
August 22nd, 2014 at 9:59:50 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: Fleastiff
The best Gator Wrangler certificate is available in Colorado...

That rocky mountain weed kicking in? Gator wrangling... in a mountain state?

Quote: odiousgambit

Thanks for that =) Just northeast of that Zoar MUA highlight is one of the ponds I fish.

We went from North Otto Road to where Rts 62 and 39 cross the creek in Gowanda. Looks to be about 9 miles. That's 50% longer than my other trip I go on, a trip I estimated to be "about the same distance" =p All those zigs and zags really add up. Again - Know your water lol.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
August 22nd, 2014 at 1:17:10 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: Face
That rocky mountain weed kicking in? Gator wrangling... in a mountain state?
Surely you do not doubt Fleastiff !! As a matter of fact it is in Mosca, Colorado that the Alligator rodeo is held.

Here is a link to The Blonde Coyote's adventures in obtaining a Gator Wrangling certificate. There is an oil painting about the event in an English castle also. Gators in a mountain state.

For the extra curious, or for Face's next hobby, a guy in Colorado bought some hot springs to grow Tilapia so as sell Tilapia fillets. Local types complained about the fish residue and so the guy bought some Florida gators. Locals kept their distance after that.
August 23rd, 2014 at 6:06:10 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Most alligator wrestling is done on land and is largely showmanship since evolution has endowed a gator with extremely strong muscles for closing its snout but very weak ones for opening them.

Real alligator wresting, in the water, which is the gator's natural element takes place at the Mosca, CO facility.
Page 2 of 2<12