What's up with the Steelers?

Page 2 of 10<12345>Last »
November 5th, 2012 at 2:18:26 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: Nareed
And I said the last time I gave up on them and bitched an moaned all season, they won the Super Bowl. So: they got lucky! Manning had a bad game! The Giants were worried because of the hurricane and so on!

You've abandoned them though, so it doesn't count this time.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
November 5th, 2012 at 2:28:19 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: TheCesspit
You've abandoned them though, so it doesn't count this time.

Yes, exactly.

;P
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
November 13th, 2012 at 7:53:20 AM permalink
Nareed
I was feeling hopeful after the Giants game, and right up to when Ben was injured despite the shaky start. Now...

The good thing is that Leftwich is reasonably good. He was a starter once, and he's a solid backup. And the O line seems to be holding. But with so many injuries, the team will have a really ahrd time.

The only consolation is that for the game in Dallas, the defense will likely face Romo :P
November 13th, 2012 at 5:43:04 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: Nareed
I was feeling hopeful after the Giants game, and right up to when Ben was injured despite the shaky start. Now...

The good thing is that Leftwich is reasonably good. He was a starter once, and he's a solid backup. And the O line seems to be holding. But with so many injuries, the team will have a really ahrd time.

The only consolation is that for the game in Dallas, the defense will likely face Romo :P

I'm choking on my words as I type this, but right now, the Steelers are in pretty decent Playoff shape. If the season were to end today, then they would share one of two WildCard spots with the other one going to the Indianapolis Colts. Both of those teams would be two games ahead in the WildCard race with the nearest other teams being 4-5.

I'm not the world's leading prognosticator, but looking at the Steelers schedule (and it never happens how you think it will) I like them going 4-3 by virtue of dropping two to Baltimore and also losing to either Dallas or San Diego. Even if they were to split on DAL/SD and lose to CIN, then you're still looking at 8-8, which I think would be enough this year because I don't think any of the 4-5/4-6 teams have four wins left. I suppose that San Diego could, assuming that they beat the Steelers, so that could be an early WC entry game which is the same thing I said about MIA/IND.

They could also still pass Baltimore and win the division, and BAL's schedule is not a cakewalk the rest of the way out, but in order for that to happen, the Steelers would have to beat them at least once, and probably twice.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
November 13th, 2012 at 6:03:19 PM permalink
Nareed
Quote: Mission146
I'm not the world's leading prognosticator, but looking at the Steelers schedule (and it never happens how you think it will) I like them going 4-3 by virtue of dropping two to Baltimore and also losing to either Dallas or San Diego.

How an you say something like that? Losing to Dallas? That's unthinkable!

Besides, even if Big Ben is still out by then, the Cowboys have a bigger disadvantage: Romo is healthy :P
November 13th, 2012 at 7:30:44 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
There is a great deal that could happen between now and then, but even if Ben were healthy, I'd imagine that the line that would be on that game would be PIT -5, or something like that, so it's pretty conceivable that the Cowboys could win that one. I suppose they'd be in trouble if Romo was holding for FG attempts, but baring that, it'd probably be a good game.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
November 14th, 2012 at 10:02:08 AM permalink
MakingBook
Threads: 1
Hope I'm wrong, but looks like Big Ben is going to be out for awhile.

Rib injury is the reason; not the shoulder.
November 14th, 2012 at 11:33:45 AM permalink
Nareed
Quote: Mission146
There is a great deal that could happen between now and then, but even if Ben were healthy, I'd imagine that the line that would be on that game would be PIT -5, or something like that, so it's pretty conceivable that the Cowboys could win that one.

You're taking this much too seriously. A Dallas win is never conceivable (it's possible, but not conceivable). So there :P

Quote:
I suppose they'd be in trouble if Romo was holding for FG attempts, but baring that, it'd probably be a good game.

How come Dallas fans do understand this? See, this coworker at the office told me the Steelers are doomed because Big Ben is hurt. I told him "No, the Cowboys are doomed because Romo is healthy." He nodded and stopped arguing.
November 19th, 2012 at 5:16:14 AM permalink
Nareed
The game yesterday felt as though the offense went home after the first TD...
November 19th, 2012 at 6:21:02 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
I had a bet with my maintence guy who is a rabid steeler fan that I would wear a Steeler jersey if they one and he would wear a Raven's jersey if Baltimore won. Now I am starting to think it might be worse for him to be forced to wear one of those hideous throw backs they had on last night.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
Page 2 of 10<12345>Last »