What's up with the Steelers?

Page 4 of 10<1234567>Last »
November 27th, 2012 at 7:24:00 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Here's my strategy for the Baltimore game:

Punt on all first downs, and let the defense play undisturbed.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
December 2nd, 2012 at 4:44:22 PM permalink
Nareed
Overheard on the Steelers' sideline: "Ah, so this is what happens when we don't turn the ball over eight times?"
December 3rd, 2012 at 1:33:33 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
That's how Batch was supposed to play last week!
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
December 3rd, 2012 at 1:47:57 PM permalink
Nareed
Quote: Mission146
That's how Batch was supposed to play last week!

That's how he played last week. The week before last he threw thre interceptions...

Anyway, Batch did well, but the game was won by the defense. Namely by Harrison stripping Flacco of the ball after another interception.

I hear Ben will be back next week... It would be hilarious if they won the division.
December 4th, 2012 at 5:13:01 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: Nareed
That's how he played last week. The week before last he threw thre interceptions...

Anyway, Batch did well, but the game was won by the defense. Namely by Harrison stripping Flacco of the ball after another interception.

I hear Ben will be back next week... It would be hilarious if they won the division.

NFL WEEK 13 was not in the books as of the time I typed that!

I was counting on the defense, both against the Browns and the Ravens, there was never any question about that. I was also counting on a reasonable fact simile of an NFL offense, as well as Batch being the reasonably good game manager that he usually is. He did not accomplish that against the Browns but he did against the Ravens.

It is nearly impossible for the Steelers to win the division at this point. The easiest way for them to do it would be to go 3-1 with the Ravens losing the rest of the way out as even if they tied (best case scenario) in Division Record, Baltimore would still have the better Conference Record and that is a mathematically sealed fact at this point. If Baltimore wins one more game, then the Steelers have to run these last four games in order to win the Division. I think that's possible, but with WASH/DEN/CIN/NYG left, it's very difficult to believe that there are not two Ravens wins there, especially if they would be in a race for the first-round bye with the Patriots...assuming Houston is a Lock for one of them...which they nearly are...if not outright HF advantage.

The game against Cincinnati may obviously be huge, and I think it will be, but it is Week 16, so a 2-0 week 14-15 vs. 0-2 may make the game nearly irrelevant, I don't see that happening, though.

Ultimately, I wouldn't worry too much about them pulling out the Division as you should just be hoping they get the last WC spot over CIN.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
December 5th, 2012 at 9:55:49 AM permalink
Nareed
Quote: Mission146
NFL WEEK 13 was not in the books as of the time I typed that!

I hear those books are not very popular on Amazon...

Quote:
I was counting on the defense, both against the Browns and the Ravens, there was never any question about that.

Well, of course. Basic Law of Identity: A is A. Steelers are Defense. Sure, sometimes the ofense is good, but Pittsburgh lives by its defense. All the mroe so since Dick LeBeau is the defensive coordinator, and Tomlin used to be more involved in defense.

Quote:
I was also counting on a reasonable fact simile of an NFL offense, as well as Batch being the reasonably good game manager that he usually is. He did not accomplish that against the Browns but he did against the Ravens.

IN all fairness, he comitted only 3 of the 8 turnovers (or 7, since th last had no effect).

Quote:
It is nearly impossible for the Steelers to win the division at this point.

I know. that's why it would be hilarious :P

BTW, has any rookie QB ever won a Superbowl?
December 5th, 2012 at 10:26:43 AM permalink
AcesAndEights
Threads: 6

I don't think so, but I'm not an NFL expert. I always thought Marino made it as a rookie, but it was his second season.
"You think I'm joking." -EvenBob
December 5th, 2012 at 10:28:24 AM permalink
Mosca
Threads: 22

Kurt Warner, 1999.
December 5th, 2012 at 11:09:21 AM permalink
chickenman
Threads: 0
Quote: AcesAndEights
I don't think so, but I'm not an NFL expert. I always thought Marino made it as a rookie, but it was his second season.

And he didn't win it...
He's everywhere, he's everywhere...!
December 5th, 2012 at 11:09:59 AM permalink
Nareed
Quote: Mosca
Kurt Warner, 1999.

It was his first year as a starter, but not his first year in the league. Ergo not a rookie.
Page 4 of 10<1234567>Last »