Threads: 83
Quote: 1nickelmiracle
You poor broad.

Is this directed at me...?
September 23rd, 2014 at 6:13:41 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: AZDuffman
When I was about 35 and said I had never been in much of a real relationship I was told I was "damaged goods" by a member of my work team. At 44 I am still not hitched and in fact have just given up finding the right woman.

Why are we a red flag to them? Probably because they realize if we made it this long without them we can get by without them. Women like to feel needed. But if you make it to over 40 and never married you know how to cook, clean, do laundry, and are not afraid of being alone. Their leverage is gone.

Of course my cynical attitude could be why I will never meet the right woman.

Have you noticed that you become less and less welcome around your married friends?

Single friends are not welcome for very long around men who are married to insecure women. [most are]

My hypothesis is they are afraid you will point something out to the unaware husband that might jeopardize the deal?

Wait until figure out that you can't be controlled with sex. It is after all a control issue......Daggers.

Things have worked out well for me but I'm always up for a good mysogyny thread
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
September 23rd, 2014 at 6:24:47 PM permalink
aceofspades
Quote: petroglyph
Have you noticed that you become less and less welcome around your married friends?

Single friends are not welcome for very long around men who are married to insecure women. [most are]

My hypothesis is they are afraid you will point something out to the unaware husband that might jeopardize the deal?

Wait until figure out that you can't be controlled with sex. It is after all a control issue......Daggers.

I don't think I was angling towards this being a misogyny thread.
However, women always think that the "Lysistrata" method of controlling men is a one-way street, it is not…and boy do they get majorly annoyed when they realize this.
September 23rd, 2014 at 6:31:06 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
When you get past 40 and have never been
married, women think something is wrong
with you. You're better off saying you got
divorced 12 years ago, and then explaining
it later. Women think you're Gay, or a drinker,
or a woman hater if you stay single that long.
They pride themselves on being able to
snare any man they set their mind on, and
they wonder why no woman has nabbed you.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 23rd, 2014 at 6:34:12 PM permalink
aceofspades
Quote: Evenbob
When you get past 40 and have never been
married, women think something is wrong
with you. You're better off saying you got
divorced 12 years ago, and then explaining
it later. Women think you're Gay, or a drinker,
or a woman hater if you stay single that long.
They pride themselves on being able to
snare any man they set their mind on, and
they wonder why no woman has nabbed you.

Let them wonder!
September 23rd, 2014 at 7:16:45 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: aceofspades

I don't think I was angling towards this being a misogyny thread.
However, women always think that the "Lysistrata" method of controlling men is a one-way street, it is not…and boy do they get majorly annoyed when they realize this.

I didn't really think you were, I just didn't want to be left out if one gets started.lol

Having raised daughters I recognize the futility of trying to compete with genetics and peer pressure. Anymore the playing of stereotypes becomes the personna at a very young age. imo
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
September 23rd, 2014 at 7:42:25 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Let them wonder!

I had a woman tell me years ago that
any man over 35 is untrainable if he's
never been married. They're set in their
ways and have too many bad habits
that they'll never change. Like chasing
other women.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 23rd, 2014 at 8:46:21 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Either I am hideously ugly or have the personality of wet paint (without the buzz from breathing it in LOL)

How many women have you dated since you started thinking about "maybe" getting married? (*nothing counts before that.)

If it's an odds thing, that is the simplest solution. No need to go into deep analysis. You hear people saying they never hit a jackpot in their life (or is it a Royal Flush in VP?) Anyway, then you find out they've hardly done any gambling.

So, it makes sense, if it's an odds game, you may have not hit the threshold yet if your numbers are low.

How many numbers does it take on average? I don't know, If you have bad hygiene and the personality of paint, it could take quite a few. If you're George Clooney, you beat women away with a stick.

You're likely somewhere in the middle, I expect.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 23rd, 2014 at 8:54:55 PM permalink
Beethoven
Threads: 18
I didn't really think you were, I just didn't want to be left out if one gets started.lol
LOL!!
Boron Boron Boron rhymes with moron, moron, moron
Page 2 of 18<12345>Last »