8 members have voted

September 29th, 2014 at 5:41:18 PM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Is this real life…?

September 29th, 2014 at 5:46:34 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
I have no words. Can't even find a proper meme to communicate what I'm feeling after having watched that. This is as good as I can do.

Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
September 29th, 2014 at 6:09:55 PM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Quote: Face
I have no words. Can't even find a proper meme to communicate what I'm feeling after having watched that. This is as good as I can do.

I don't understand today's society - everyone is afraid of everyone else suing them or calling the cops on them - we are not a society anymore, we are a bunch of people looking to get one over on everyone else
September 29th, 2014 at 6:24:59 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Assess their sobriety level? I thought it
was our job as men to ply them with
drinks to soften up their resolve. It's
worked for thousands of years, don't
mess up a good thing.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 30th, 2014 at 12:51:29 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
On campuses today, particularly after adoption of Yes Means Yes, men are refraining from unbuttoning a woman's clothing or assisting her in removing her clothes as means of retaining evidence of sufficient sobriety.
September 30th, 2014 at 2:37:35 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068

Yes, means Yes.
September 30th, 2014 at 9:31:04 AM permalink
boymimbo
Threads: 5
In my 2nd year of University, a couple of things happened to me which makes me think about this.

First, there was this tease in my boarding house who kept on asking me to massage her (naked) back. The little hottie also kept on commenting on her underwear and showing it to me. Now back in my dumb and younger days I did not take this to mean an actual hit, which is a good thing, because apparently, it wasn't (nowadays if I was single, that situation would have been resolved very quickly). With one of the frustrating massages I went a little bit too far in that my hands wandered (not entirely) to the other side of the chest. Next thing I know, my landlord is booting me out because the tease claimed I was sexually harassing her.

Then, there was another one where indeed, both of us were plied with alcohol and we ended up in her room and in the middle of the night where I thought I had the green light, I yanked off her pants. She immediately froze because apparantly, she was raped the year before and wanted me to go much slower. We never got past that point (depsite both of us trying) and after going out with her for a couple of months, she found another guy who went at the perfect speed for her.

There are all kinds of sexual activity that goes on in life. I'd like to think that all of the sex that I had was permissive in nature and that there are no lurking rape charges in my background, but let's face it, our attractions for each other far outweigh our brain power to say "no" or do "no" at some times. When alcohol and other relaxants are involved, it gets murky. I've had a one night stand where we were both terrifically drunk and no doubt had one of us been sober it wouldn't have happened. Is that rape, or just having fun? She probably regrets it, whereas I still remember it quite fondly. Who knows, and more importantly, who cares?

Certainly there are many many men who will push the boundaries of permissiveness. Alot of it is testosterone based where their penises are thinking more than their heads, and that is nature. Of course men should not embark on rape, but there will be murkiness. Judgement will be clouded, especially when alcohol is involved. It is unfair for example, obviously, for a woman to give permission, and then claim assault/rape the next morning because she was drunk at the time, especially so if the man perpetrating the alleged crime wasn't responsible for getting her drunk.

It seems too like this is a youth / young adult phenomenon more than an adult phenomenon. At my age, sex is just that, something to be immensely enjoyed mutually, and if the other party is drunk at the time, oh well. The level of regret I think that the person has the next morning with older people goes down, I think, because they know how the game is played, and the act of having sex with an unwanted partner is just par for the course and their lives go on, where as for young people, sex with an unwanted partner is the end of the world and the other party needs to be punished.
September 30th, 2014 at 9:38:56 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Good post, boymimbo.

Still, I say the very idea is ludicrous. It is, quite literally, the "Love Contract" skit from Chappelle Show. Except whereas most of us just giggle and move on, someone thought "heyyy....."

1. Take skit.
2. Make app.
3. ???
4. Profit!

I'm not a Wall Street Journal type, but I'd love to follow this product and see the numbers.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
September 30th, 2014 at 12:33:05 PM permalink
AcesAndEights
Threads: 6
Ace, I saw you tweet this out, and I thought it was a joke at first. After reading more about it, clearly it is for real. And it is really dumb.

I'm all for informed, affirmative consent, but could there be anything less arousing/sexy/romantic than this? Short of signing a legal document, I doubt it.
"You think I'm joking." -EvenBob
September 30th, 2014 at 12:56:57 PM permalink
boymimbo
Threads: 5
Quote: Face
Good post, boymimbo.

Still, I say the very idea is ludicrous. It is, quite literally, the "Love Contract" skit from Chappelle Show. Except whereas most of us just giggle and move on, someone thought "heyyy....."

1. Take skit.
2. Make app.
3. ???
4. Profit!

I'm not a Wall Street Journal type, but I'd love to follow this product and see the numbers.

Quiz for those people. Where did Face get this reference from?

Phase 1: Collect Underwear
Phase 2: ????
Phase 3: Profit

South Park: Gnomes
Page 1 of 212>