The FrG Project (split from Truck Resto Rant)

Page 2 of 2<12
October 15th, 2014 at 12:43:17 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: FrGamble

Yeah you are right I don't have a go to guy right now, one might come out of the woodwork. I do love learning new things and trying desperately to find new ways to reach kids that the normal Church youth group stuff might never reach. I'll try to keep you updated on my progress with this somewhat crazy idea.

Quote: petroglyph
Fixing vehicles can also get expensive pretty fast. If there is anything that needs doing in the drive train component of the project as we all know it could run into thousands of dollars pretty quick.

Have you tried to take a poll with your group to get some ideas about what they might be willing to see through to the finish? Something I have seen gain some interest in is growing/gardening. A skill when learned that can be shared with their grandchildren. It is coming into the wrong season, not sure of your locale, but "hoop houses" are cheap and surprisingly durable. Made from pvc pipe and construction grade sheeting, they can make an all weather building easily in a day. It might also be possible to make a workshop out of one this way for a car project that will last the length of the project? There are many winter crops and it wouldn't be dependent on any "key" person who might choose to drop out. A wonderful skill to learn. A friend just got his tomato's planted here in western Az. There are many different winter crops.

Maybe pre-fab some hoop style greenhouses that assemble in a short time and could go home with some of them? You make think this crazy, but would anyone be interested in pigeon racing?

As we are all aware kids are tough to get through to the part where they are productive members of society. Projects out of wood I believe will be cheaper than projects from metal. To me they are kids, but they really are young adults. I am assuming the group you are considering is just like many as far as nature goes, but you seem like you have the opportunity to work with young adults who are basically good.

Does your group already do bonfires, and Christian Rock and Roll?

(missed the above text from petro during the split, so here it is)
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
October 15th, 2014 at 4:09:11 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
This is pretty cool. I'll take some pictures of the proposed space I have to work with first and see what you guys think. Then its about getting a car/truck. I might have some news on that front soon.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
October 15th, 2014 at 4:20:41 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: FrGamble
This is pretty cool. I'll take some pictures of the proposed space I have to work with first .

You're enjoying this too much, isn't that a
sin? How can we tell?
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
Page 2 of 2<12