Pope Francis

March 29th, 2018 at 2:10:50 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
This has been on the top of Drudge
all day. I love it for Easter..

POPE DECLARES NO HELL?
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 29th, 2018 at 8:06:33 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: FrGamble
Actually, it is the other place that is our destiny and the reason for Christianity.

Were it so, you'd hear of reasons and means to get there, rather than warnings and admonitions about not going to Hell. And it seems any little thing can send you there, too.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
March 30th, 2018 at 2:29:54 AM permalink
Evenbob
Just gets better and better, headlines all over.

DOES HELL EXIST? POPE FRANCIS SAYS NO IN NEW INTERVIEW THAT COULD CHANGE CATHOLIC CHURCH FOREVER

"What did Christ die on the cross to save us from if there is no hell?"

LOL

http://www.newsweek.com/does-hell-exist-pope-francis-says-no-interview-could-change-catholic-church-866010
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 30th, 2018 at 5:26:35 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Quote: Pope Francis
"They are not punished, those who repent obtain the forgiveness of God and enter the rank of souls who contemplate him, but those who do not repent and cannot therefore be forgiven disappear," "There is no hell, there is the disappearance of sinful souls," he added.

Doesn't sound like he believes in heaven, either.

Vatican officials said that the meeting between Pope Francis and Scalfari was a private meeting and not a formal interview. Was it on a bus with a hot mic?
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
March 30th, 2018 at 5:32:43 AM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: Evenbob
I'm at my computer pointing out that
every time the pope mistakenly
blurts out the truth, the Vatican puts
on a top hat and tap shoes, and
dances around like mad trying to
'explain' what the pope really meant.

The Vatican hates the truth, they're
only comfortable lurking in the
shadows and avoiding direct light..

How come you don't say this (again and again and again like you have on this) every time the administration backs down one of Trump's blurts or lies?
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
March 30th, 2018 at 6:25:36 AM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: Dalex64

Vatican officials said that the meeting between Pope Francis and Scalfari was a private meeting and not a formal interview. Was it on a bus with a hot mic?

That's the thing it was an informal meeting that was not recorded and the gentleman even did not take notes. He has done this before. After meeting with the Pope this ninety something year old reporter remembers what he thinks the Pope said and reports it. I feel like if you think about this for more than a minute you would realize the ridiculousness of it. I find it very telling that Bob has latched on so tightly to the story. At the very least it is proof that he does think personal testimony and experiences are very strong pieces of evidence.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
March 30th, 2018 at 10:46:49 AM permalink
Evenbob
That's the thing it was an informal meeting that was not recorded and the gentleman even did not take notes.

As the press is pointing out, notice that
nowhere in the Vatican's carefully worded
spin does it deny that the pope said hell
doesn't exist. This is a huge story and is
gaining ground, Cathlolic's are wondering
on Good Friday what the heck Jesus died
for.
March 30th, 2018 at 11:01:15 AM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Bob, you are calling the remembrances of a 93 year old man about a meeting with the Pope when there were no notes taken big news?!? Do you really think the Pope, who has been very clear throughout his pontificate on the existence of Hell would deny it in an informal interview? I can assure you that no Catholics are taking this seriously nor are many who know how Scalfari and these interviews have gone in the past.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
March 30th, 2018 at 11:14:23 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Are you saying that without notes, in an informal meeting, that it is not possible to remember anything at all accurately?

If he didn't take notes, how did he know he was meeting with the pope?
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
March 30th, 2018 at 11:14:23 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
That's the thing it was an informal meeting that was not recorded and the gentleman even did not take notes. He has done this before.

Which begs the question: why doesn't the pope, or his secretary, take notes and/or record the meetings?

Fool me once, etc.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER