Pope Francis

March 31st, 2018 at 2:02:04 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Page 12 of this thread has what the author says the pope said. Page 14 has the Vatican's response. Whether or not it is still currently in the news or not, or at what level, is irrelevant.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
April 13th, 2018 at 1:27:48 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Gallup: Drop in U.S. Catholic Church Attendance Under Pope Francis Sharpest in Decades

Catholic church attendance in the United States fell by six percent between the pontificates of Pope Benedict XVI and Pope Francis, the sharpest drop in decades, a new Gallup poll has revealed.
An average of 39 percent of U.S. Catholics attended church weekly during the heart of the Francis papacy, from 2014 to 2017, Gallup found in a survey released April 9, which represents a significant drop from the 45 percent of Catholics who attended weekly Mass from 2005 to 2008, in the early years of the Benedict pontificate. The unmistakable trend is toward greater disapproval of Francis, Pew revealed, with increasing numbers saying they view the pope unfavorably because he is “too liberal and naïve.”

Working miracles for the Church,
he is. lol
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 17th, 2018 at 5:23:16 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
I found this so odd to me, that Pope Francis is talking about CDS. Collateralized debt securities?

<Who knew The Pope and his Vatican team were such experts in shadow banking, offshore tax havens, credit default swaps, gross collateral needs, and the entire derivatives market in general?>

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-05-17/pope-pans-ticking-time-bomb-derivatives-markets-calls-cds-unethical

Infographic of the total of all the worlds money, [ visual on amount of derivatives ] http://money.visualcapitalist.com/worlds-money-markets-one-visualization-2017/
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
May 21st, 2018 at 10:22:33 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
POPE SHOCK: OK TO BE GAY
'GOD MADE YOU LIKE THIS'

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6337719/pope-francis-gay-man-god-loves-you/

So the pope has put his stamp of
approval on being Gay. Does
this mean Gay marriage and Gay
sex are now OK? You can't say
Gay is natural and the Gay
sex acts are not.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 21st, 2018 at 11:16:39 AM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: Evenbob
POPE SHOCK: OK TO BE GAY
'GOD MADE YOU LIKE THIS'

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6337719/pope-francis-gay-man-god-loves-you/

So the pope has put his stamp of
approval on being Gay. Does
this mean Gay marriage and Gay
sex are now OK? You can't say
Gay is natural and the Gay
sex acts are not.

A private conversation is not equal to Church teaching. Remember the beautiful pastoral heart of Pope Francis. Also why Do you think that if it is natural it is okay? It is natural for a married heterosexual man to be attracted to a female not his wife. Is it okay then for him to have sex with her?
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
May 21st, 2018 at 11:41:50 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: FrGamble
A private conversation is not equal to Church teaching. Remember the beautiful pastoral heart of Pope Francis. Also why Do you think that if it is natural it is okay? It is natural for a married heterosexual man to be attracted to a female not his wife. Is it okay then for him to have sex with her?

I am trying to follow your logic Padre. Do I have this right? The Pope says it is okay to be gay but you are saying that the defining thing of being gay, sex with your own gender, is still wrong? Look forward to your word smithing to make this understandable for me.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
May 21st, 2018 at 11:50:16 AM permalink
FrGamble
It is not news that the Church or the Pope thinks it is okay to be gay. That is a consistent teaching of the Church. Just like the consistent teaching that any prejudice or discrimination to those who have a same sex attraction is sinful. I guess I am just wondering how you make the jump from this truth to saying that sexual activity with your own gender is acceptable just because someone has a homosexual orientation?
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
May 21st, 2018 at 11:56:38 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Just tell the Pope to digitize the archives, open the books to an outside audit and auction off the Vatican.
May 21st, 2018 at 12:19:34 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: FrGamble
It is not news that the Church or the Pope thinks it is okay to be gay. That is a consistent teaching of the Church. Just like the consistent teaching that any prejudice or discrimination to those who have a same sex attraction is sinful. I guess I am just wondering how you make the jump from this truth to saying that sexual activity with your own gender is acceptable just because someone has a homosexual orientation?

I am sorry Padre but I thought I understood the English language. I can't understand or make any sense of the words above. Maybe you have missed your true calling and should be a spin doctor for a politician.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
May 21st, 2018 at 12:40:25 PM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: kenarman
I am sorry Padre but I thought I understood the English language. I can't understand or make any sense of the words above. Maybe you have missed your true calling and should be a spin doctor for a politician.

Let me try again.

A same sex orientation is a very real thing in the lives of good people. They are to be loved and supported as they are by God. However, that doesn't automatically mean that sexual activity between two people of the same sex is to be supported.