Pope Francis

May 21st, 2018 at 3:21:17 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Why is is good to be an atheist because of the things you mentioned? Does any of the above prove that there is no God? Is it because atheism is devoid of morality that you find it good to be happy when others are suffering?
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
May 21st, 2018 at 4:58:14 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
You prove there is a god, and a lot of people will stop being atheists.

Better yet, let god prove that there is a god.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
May 21st, 2018 at 5:16:07 PM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: Dalex64
You prove there is a god, and a lot of people will stop being atheists.

Better yet, let god prove that there is a god.

Take a look at creation and the marvel that is you, that is God saying Hi. Now read the Scriptures, that is God's love letter to you.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
May 21st, 2018 at 5:32:35 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: FrGamble
Take a look at creation and the marvel that is you, that is God saying Hi. Now read the Scriptures, that is God's love letter to you.

Good grief. You must think you're
talking to 3rd graders. We've discussed
this into the ground and this is all
you have, just look around at what
you erroneously think is a 'creation'?

You don't remember even one of
those discussions, I'd bet money
on it. It's why Dalex always drops
out, because you constantly repeat
yourself like a robot. Why I kept
at it so long is a mystery.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 21st, 2018 at 6:07:39 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3

Things aren't quite like they were (alleged) to be over 2000 years ago and before.

"Take a look at creation and marvel" isn't what passed (allegedly) as proof of god back then.

And yes, I will likely drop out of the "discussion" again now.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
May 21st, 2018 at 6:40:12 PM permalink
Evenbob

I'm not getting into it very deeply. FrG
is the infamous 'one trick pony'. He has
a shallow well of info that he goes to again
and again and again, always forgetting he's
gone there 10 times 10 already. No
thanks.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 21st, 2018 at 8:48:09 PM permalink
FrGamble
Things aren't quite like they were (alleged) to be over 2000 years ago and before.

"Take a look at creation and marvel" isn't what passed (allegedly) as proof of god back then.

It is not proof. Remember faith isn't grounded in proof. Like most everything we do in life it is based on accumulated evidence, reason, and experience. Don't drop out, please. It is not my fault that Evenbob keeps saying the same things I've refuted over and over or he asks the same questions. Does he think there is other answers?

I don't offer the miracle of creation, the fact that there is something rather than nothing, or the awesome beings that are humans and our marvelous consciousness as proof of God. Only that it points in the direction of God and might inspire us to read just one of the Gospels to see more about who Christians think this supposed God is.
May 22nd, 2018 at 12:09:44 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
God could have provided Jesus with some very convincing evidence. Give a general explanation of the combustion engine. Some principles of electricity. Some description of viruses. How deep the ocean is.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 22nd, 2018 at 12:55:04 AM permalink
Evenbob
It is not my fault that Evenbob keeps saying the same things I've refuted over and over or he asks the same questions.

Really? I accuse you of being a robot and
you blame it on me? That's all you have
for a defense, the infamous 'it was sister
who stole the cookies, not me' when
you're accused?

It's not your fault you have a shallow
well to draw from, it's my fault for
being a bad opponent? You do realize
in debate that's the typical fallback when
you've been outdone is to blame the
other team.
May 22nd, 2018 at 12:57:44 AM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: rxwine
God could have provided Jesus with some very convincing evidence. Give a general explanation of the combustion engine. Some principles of electricity. Some description of viruses. How deep the ocean is.

Because there is no god, he can only
know as much as those that invented
him. God gets smarter at the same
rate that his followers do, how could
it be otherwise. God is easily disproved
with the simplest logic. It's emotion
that believers depend on every time,
logic is their enemy.