Eric Frein still not caught

Page 1 of 212>
October 25th, 2014 at 6:52:33 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
I find this remarkable.

Reminds me of Rudolph, another 'Eric', only caught due to dumpster diving

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#tbm=nws&q=frein

so what is allowing this Frein to avoid "numerous police vehicles,[35] armored BearCats,[23] at least four helicopters with thermal imaging equipment, and a 13,000-pound, $245,000 Ring Power armored siege vehicle dubbed "The Rook" described as "six tons of pure responsive force", equipped with an armored platform that can be elevated up to 11 feet to deploy snipers, featuring "bat wing doors", gun ports with sighting windows made of bulletproof glass, and capable of fitting equipment for breaching fortified structures.[21] The FBI displayed Frein's image and the number of a state police hotline (866-326-7256) using hundreds of digital billboards in Pennsylvania and five other states" ?

actually I think they are wasting their money, skilled trackers are what are needed; and he may be getting help, as was suspected with Rudolph

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Matthew_Frein
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
October 25th, 2014 at 7:06:12 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
I agree, this is almost unbelievable in this day of technology.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
October 25th, 2014 at 11:28:08 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
The guy was both well-prepared and probably lucky at times.

We all know how variance swings though. Unless he has been able to get clear of the search area, it's just a matter of time.

I remember they said he activated his cell phone for just a few seconds and they were able to pinpoint his location for that moment.

(NOW in the movies! on team Mission Impossible) that would be a phone all by itself in the middle of the wilderness triggered to go off for a few seconds, in order for the suspect to completely bug out of the area while they encircled the wrong area.

Or the car they found crashed was already crashed the day before, made to look like he crashed in an area while being chased, while he is actually in the middle of Manhattan now.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 25th, 2014 at 5:41:40 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: odiousgambit
he may be getting help, ...

Almost certainly.
October 25th, 2014 at 6:58:27 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
A dude around here escaped and made it several days on the lam. Over a hundred, easy. He was just a dude familiar with the woods, and that's about it.

The Sheriffs nearly had him, then the Troopers butted their dumb heads in. They basically kicked the Sheriffs out of the search, forsaking country boy skills for autocratic technology. And on and on and on the fuge ran, relying on pretty basic stuff to stay one step ahead.

There's gotta be a TV show in this. Sort of a Survivor / Amazing Race amalgamation. Last person nicked wins the prize.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
October 25th, 2014 at 9:07:00 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: Face
A dude around here escaped and made it several days on the lam. Over a hundred, easy. He was just a dude familiar with the woods, and that's about it.

The Sheriffs nearly had him, then the Troopers butted their dumb heads in. They basically kicked the Sheriffs out of the search, forsaking country boy skills for autocratic technology. And on and on and on the fuge ran, relying on pretty basic stuff to stay one step ahead.

There's gotta be a TV show in this. Sort of a Survivor / Amazing Race amalgamation. Last person nicked wins the prize.

I think Arnie was in the film version of the book about that....
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
October 25th, 2014 at 9:31:56 PM permalink
Mosca
Threads: 22
Quote: Pacomartin
Almost certainly.

Not likely. Almost everyone around here has a friend, neighbor, or family member who is a state trooper. I know half a dozen of them on a first name basis, and I don't like cops, generally. But PA troopers are pretty good overall, well trained and professional.

The area is densely wooded and rugged. He planned it for at least a year, if not more, and he was unemployed so he had lots of time. He probably dug a lot of hidey-holes, set up tree stands, cached food and weapons (some of which were found), and set up other sorts of aids and traps.

Winter is coming. It gets nasty in PA hill country. He'll have trouble staying warm and dry. He'll leave tracks. There's no hurry.
October 26th, 2014 at 4:31:47 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Eric Rudolph probably had anti-abortion sympathizers helping him; helping some anyway, but not enough to keep him from dumpster diving...

Eric Frein would need cop-hater sympathizers [surely the police are doing surveillance on family]. Family might have been helping at first.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
October 26th, 2014 at 5:51:58 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: Mosca
Not likely. Almost everyone around here has a friend, neighbor, or family member who is a state trooper. I know half a dozen of them on a first name basis, and I don't like cops, generally. But PA troopers are pretty good overall, well trained and professional.

The area is densely wooded and rugged. He planned it for at least a year, if not more, and he was unemployed so he had lots of time. He probably dug a lot of hidey-holes, set up tree stands, cached food and weapons (some of which were found), and set up other sorts of aids and traps.

Winter is coming. It gets nasty in PA hill country. He'll have trouble staying warm and dry. He'll leave tracks. There's no hurry.

Maybe he'll get taken on the first day of buck season...seriously, what are they going to do when hunting season starts--are they going to keep that area closed to hunting (I don't know how big of an area it is since I haven't been following it closely)?
October 26th, 2014 at 6:34:14 AM permalink
Mosca
Threads: 22
Quote: RonC
Maybe he'll get taken on the first day of buck season...seriously, what are they going to do when hunting season starts--are they going to keep that area closed to hunting (I don't know how big of an area it is since I haven't been following it closely)?

I'm not a hunter. I thought I heard that it was closed this season, then I heard it wasn't. I'm going to google it real quick... yep. Oct 1st it was suspended, Oct 10th it was restored. Google "Eric Frein hunting season".

I always wonder what goes on in the minds of people like this guy. On the one hand, he's all gung-ho military. On the other hand, he's attacking authority. It's messed up and inconsistent. A guy has to go through a lot of convoluted permutations and perversions of logic, a lot of fallacious if/thens, to arrive at the state of mind he must be in now. I think bets are that he's going to get tired of it all and surrender, or kill himself when searchers get close.
Page 1 of 212>