Salem Witch Trials

Page 2 of 3<123>
November 2nd, 2014 at 3:51:50 PM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Quote: Evenbob
In the hate women thread I was positive, I agreed with you.

In the FB thread I was very positive, I love FB.

In the prison thread I was very positive.

Piranha thread I was in total agreement with you.

Dating thread I was factual, and on your side.

Smoking thread I was factual.

Expensive divorce thread I was factual.

I did say you have a thing for Betty White in the BW
thread, that was pretty negative.

Bible thread I was factual.

EV God I was factual.

This goes back a year, check it out. Not one
negative post in your threads.

I'll take your word for it. Some of your posts tend to attempt to derail my enthusiasm for something (like herein with the Salem Witch Trials). There are many times a factual statement can also be a negative statement. I am not looking to censor you - I am actually thanking you because, without this mirror being held up, I could slip down the slippery slope of negativity.
November 2nd, 2014 at 4:21:43 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: aceofspades
I'll take your word for it. Some of your posts tend to attempt to derail my enthusiasm for something .

Like where? I just read my replies in your
threads and see none of this at all.
Seriously, look for yourself. I'm not kidding,
I mostly support what you say, do I have
to post all the replies? Take 10min and
check into it.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 2nd, 2014 at 4:25:04 PM permalink
aceofspades
Like where? I just read my replies in your
threads and see none of this at all.
Seriously, look for yourself. I'm not kidding,
I mostly support what you say, do I have
to post all the replies? Take 10min and
check into it.

Look at any of my TR
November 2nd, 2014 at 5:40:25 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: aceofspades
Look at any of my TR

The trip reports? That's different. My role
there is to play the schadenfraude junkie,
the guy who is rooting for the high of
somebody but me losing. You've disappointed
me severely the last couple trips, but I have
faith in the roller coaster. It's near the top
even as I type this..

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 2nd, 2014 at 5:55:45 PM permalink
aceofspades
The trip reports? That's different. My role
there is to play the schadenfraude junkie,
the guy who is rooting for the high of
somebody but me losing. You've disappointed
me severely the last couple trips, but I have
faith in the roller coaster. It's near the top
even as I type this..

HAHA
November 3rd, 2014 at 12:44:49 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Defense was virtually impossible. Events did not have to be causaully proven. Some minor spat may have taken place then later a barn burned or an animal died and suddenly the events were deemed causually linked.

Women were often physically examined (something men are often inclined to do) but just about anything was considered "the mark of the Beast" and women were then forced to announce which spirit they had taken as a lover.

The trial were not in what we now call Salem.

Some historians link such trials not only to petit jealousies and vendettas but to the spread of fusaria linked to recently harvested but rain dampened grains, particularly rye. Not surprizingly, such fusaria are often thought to play a causative role in Anorexia Nervosa which is otherwise universally considered to be solely of psychological origin. This is the reason some doctors immediately inject zinc into a starving girl. One victim's mother was so happy when leaving the doctor's office her daughter asked if could go get something to eat. The mother commented that hospital food never tasted so good to her as they day the doctor injected zinc into her daughter rather than pumping the daughter and parents full of psychological mumbo jumbo.

I remember during the height of Sex Abuse trials in Massachusettes, someone took the comments of the Sheriff of Middlesex County, changed the date and "modernized" the language and re-issued the warning to the public. Only after the revised document was widely disseminated did the original text get disseminated along with the comment that it was from the height of the witch trials.
November 3rd, 2014 at 2:13:58 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: Fleastiff
I remember during the height of Sex Abuse trials in Massachusettes, someone took the comments of the Sheriff of Middlesex County, changed the date and "modernized" the language and re-issued the warning to the public. Only after the revised document was widely disseminated did the original text get disseminated along with the comment that it was from the height of the witch trials.

It's like Hitler's warning

I had made up my mind to write no more either about the Jews or against them. But since I learned that these miserable and accursed people do not cease to lure to themselves even us, that is, the Germans, I have published this little book, so that I might be found among those who opposed such poisonous activities of the Jews who warned the Germans to be on their guard against them. I would not have believed that a German could be duped by the Jews into taking their exile and wretchedness upon himself. However, the devil is the god of the world, and wherever God's word is absent he has an easy task, not only with the weak but also with the strong.
November 3rd, 2014 at 2:43:39 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: Pacomartin
It's like Hitler's warning

that I might be found among those who opposed such poisonous activities of the Jews who warned the Germans to be on their guard against them.

It's interesting that Hitler hated Jews because he
considered them to be an inferior race of humans,
yet for an 'inferior' race they seemed to have an
awful lot of power and influence and wealth. It's
usually superior people that accomplish these
things, not inferiors. Did this ever give Hitler pause,
I wonder..
November 3rd, 2014 at 3:09:18 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Did this ever give Hitler pause, I wonder..
Actually it is considered to be "proof". The reasoning was that all creatures in nature adapt and evolve but the Jews by clinging to an identity of separateness and non-German are therefore not natural.
November 3rd, 2014 at 3:24:51 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: Fleastiff
Actually it is considered to be "proof". The reasoning was that all creatures in nature adapt and evolve but the Jews by clinging to an identity of separateness and non-German are therefore not natural.

That's totally convoluted. Smart people will
always end up at the top, race race has nothing
to do with it.
Page 2 of 3<123>