Salem Witch Trials

Page 3 of 3<123
November 3rd, 2014 at 7:03:43 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: Fleastiff
I remember during the height of Sex Abuse trials in Massachusettes, someone took the comments of the Sheriff of Middlesex County, changed the date and "modernized" the language and re-issued the warning to the public. Only after the revised document was widely disseminated did the original text get disseminated along with the comment that it was from the height of the witch trials.

The reason I highlighted Fleastiff's comment is that "Hitler's Warning" was not really by Hitler. It is a very slightly altered quote (one word replaced) from a seminal figure in the history of Christian theology. What is not often mentioned is that he was passionate about his hatred of Jews, and some say he set up the institutional culture of violence in Germany that permitted the Holocaust centuries after he died.

November 3rd, 2014 at 7:24:36 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Which seminal figure?
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 4th, 2014 at 10:06:27 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
I assume Martin Luther...
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
November 4th, 2014 at 4:52:01 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: TheCesspit
I assume Martin Luther...

Martin Luther - "The Jews & Their Lies" (1543)

It's amazing to find that the founder of the Protestant movement was such a vitriolic anti-semite. His book was written a half century after the Jews were evicted from Spain.

As Jesus was a Jew who only ventured one short trip outside of Judea in his whole life, and proclaimed that his whole mission was to Jews, it seems strange.

The only time Jesus was approached by a non-Jew who requested the he heal her daughter, he initially gave this response: It is not fair to take the children's bread and throw it to the dogs. As she kept at him he relented and healed her daughter.
Page 3 of 3<123