Quote: Beethoven
Rent-free, baby! LOL!!!
Delusions of grandeur baby!
August 28th, 2014 at 5:10:13 PM permalink
Beethoven
Threads: 18
Quote: s2nickelmiracle
Delusions of grandeur baby!
C'mon, you can do better than that, man. You have an awesome track record of insult after insult after insult after insult after insult after insult, so don't let the streak die now. LOL! :D
Boron Boron Boron rhymes with moron, moron, moron
August 28th, 2014 at 5:13:06 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Face

I am adamantly (almost furiously) against the criminalization of pot, yet have no solid opinion of the other drugs. I don't think it's intellectually dishonest at all. It's sort of how I think the speed limits should be raised, but you shouldn't be able to do a buck twenty through town. If I want an unlimited speed limit down Nevada's Rt 50 and claim "freedom", must I also demand the same freedom down the Strip to maintain integrity? I don't think so. I'm unsure of why you would demand it.

Will pot be the gateway drug to other legalizations? It is complex. Pain meds are abused but many people suffer chronic pain either long term or from time to time (I fall in the later.) Do we slowly legalize cocaine so you can buy small doses in the store like just over 100 years ago? Or heroin? If there is a better way to stay awake will meth-heads switch to something safer?

Culturally the USA is a doped up nation. Lots of people need a fix from coffee in the AM to a drink to relax at night. Unless that changes nothing will change.
The President is a fink.
August 28th, 2014 at 5:31:05 PM permalink
1nickelmiracle
Threads: 24
C'mon, you can do better than that, man. You have an awesome track record of insult after insult after insult after insult after insult after insult, so don't let the streak die now. LOL! :D
Oh you're persecuted.
August 28th, 2014 at 5:38:12 PM permalink
Beethoven
Quote: 1nickelmiracle
Oh you're persecuted.
Lame comeback. You can do better than that, man! lol
August 28th, 2014 at 5:48:00 PM permalink
1nickelmiracle
Threads: 24
Oh you're persecuted.
You forgot to change my forum handle. You must be slipping.
August 28th, 2014 at 5:52:41 PM permalink
Beethoven
Oh you're persecuted.
You forgot to change my forum handle. You must be slipping.
Nah, your lame comebacks just bored me to tears, that's all. lol...
August 28th, 2014 at 5:57:37 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
That's actually a different position. The liberal position is to legalize marijuana but keep, say, cocaine illegal. The libertarian position is to legalize both marijuana AND cocaine. Sounds like you currently fall somewhere between the two.

The libertarian position (even though I disagree with it) is perfectly sound and logical. The liberal position is intellectually dishonest. Can't comment on your position yet since you are neutral on the other drugs.

But I'm not. It sounds like your categorizing me into the liberal position.

When I come to power, someone will say "legalize weed!", and I'll say "You silly stoner, it already is. I work quick like that". I imagine someone will then say "And meth, too!". My response will be "Are you retarded?!"

If it had to be all or nothing, then yes, I'd probably have to go for all and follow the libertarian line. But REAL talk, I'd like some to become legal and others to stay illegal. Some of it is freedom, some of it is just common sense. In this case "common sense" is my definition of such, based on my experiences.

Quote: AZDuffman
Will pot be the gateway drug to other legalizations? It is complex. Pain meds are abused but many people suffer chronic pain either long term or from time to time (I fall in the later.) Do we slowly legalize cocaine so you can buy small doses in the store like just over 100 years ago? Or heroin? If there is a better way to stay awake will meth-heads switch to something safer?

Sort of complex, yes, but I feel it is only that way because of who's doing the thinking.

Weed and meth, to me, are no brainers. Weed is far too useful and far too harmless to warrant the war we've been engaging in on our own people. Meth is far too harmful and too lacking of any useful purpose to ever set it free. There. Done. That was easy.

As for coke, heroin, LSD, MDMA, etc... worry about it later. I don't hear any clamoring that they should be legal, so don't worry about addressing it. Maybe use the trillions saved on the war and the billions brought in by taxes and fight these how they should be fought - education, understanding, and rehabilitation. On the ground floor. Maybe wad it in with mental health and solve the "gun problem", while we're at it =p
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
August 28th, 2014 at 6:17:38 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

, I'd like some to become legal and others to stay illegal. Some of it is freedom, some of it is just common sense. In this case "common sense" is my definition of such, based on my experiences.

I've had experiences. A large variety of experiences.
Anyway, I agree, its common sense, Pot ok, everything else, no way. Very very scary.

What's interesting, legal or not, it wont make much difference in my life. The high end stuff costs the same, black market or legal store.
Legal or not, my habits wouldn't change, just a mild buzz after work and that's it.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 28th, 2014 at 6:19:36 PM permalink
Beethoven
But I'm not. It sounds like your categorizing me into the liberal position.

When I come to power, someone will say "legalize weed!", and I'll say "You silly stoner, it already is. I work quick like that". I imagine someone will then say "And meth, too!". My response will be "Are you retarded?!"

If it had to be all or nothing, then yes, I'd probably have to go for all and follow the libertarian line. But REAL talk, I'd like some to become legal and others to stay illegal. Some of it is freedom, some of it is just common sense. In this case "common sense" is my definition of such, based on my experiences.
I was just going by this earlier: "...yet have no solid opinion of the other drugs."

Anyway, I'm all ears to a new argument in favor of marijuana. Way back when, I had to begrudgingly accept the libertarian argument as being sound & logical, and there's no reason why that can't happen again. I know everyone here probably thinks I'm some crusty old conservative who's dead set in his ways and can never be persuaded, but that's not the case at all. I'm open to all good arguments. (I just wish more people out there would use them)