Pot Legalized

November 16th, 2014 at 12:56:47 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Tests show cannabis's effect on the brain. Study determines part of the ways that thc becomes addictive, and lowers IQ.

https://www.yahoo.com/health/how-marijuana-really-affects-the-brain-102531080862.html

@Zippyboy,

I spent over two years working between Elma and Aberdeen. Some of the time was at Satsop, in proximity to Humptulips.

I will keep an eye out for the SNL skit with Harrelson, I admire some of his work.

Yeah, the idiots waving the stuff in the cops face need to be treated as if somebody was recklessly drinking and sloshing beer on the cops uniform. For all the people that struggled to get cannabis decriminalized or available for medicine, being able to wave it in a cops face or blow it on him was not what was struggled for.
I look at this post as, water is legal but that does not give someone the right to throw water balloons at the cops. It isn't any ones right to use a water hose on a cop. This behavior will make cannabis look bad when I think the truth is closer to these are just idiots. Whether I am at work or not [pretending I was a leo] I don't want smoke of any kind blown on me and would take offense. They have a right to rebel against the system but should have grown up respecting other people have the right as well to not be assaulted.

Shame on the little a**holes for making cannabis look bad.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
November 16th, 2014 at 8:43:03 PM permalink
petroglyph
This is a pretty amazing compilation of articles and studies on medical cannabis.

http://boards.cannabis.com/medicinal-cannabis-health/161539-granny-storm-crows-list.html, No need to read anything, just scroll through a large list of studies, note sources. I particularly appreciate those from Johns Hopkins.
November 25th, 2014 at 9:12:29 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
The District of Columbia serves as an exceptionally embarrassing reminder of just how backwards our fake democracy is. On the one hand, Washington, D.C. is our great nation's capital city, steeped in history, tradition, (read: slavery) and the great experiment of American democracy. On the other hand, D.C. voters do not have any representation in the U.S. Senate or the House of Representatives. Moreover, if the voters of D.C. pass a law that the U.S. Congress doesn't like, Congress can literally intervene and overrull the voters of D.C.

The citizens of the District of Columbia have just voted by an overwhelming margin (65 to 27) to legalize possession of weed... but the Republicans in Congress (specifically Maryland's Andy Harris) are trying to void the election:

Quote: The Hill
Rep. Andy Harris said he “absolutely” intends to launch a push to dismantle the new law when Congress returns with an empowered GOP majority in the 114th Congress. The Maryland Republican, who led the GOP’s charge this year against a separate D.C. law decriminalizing the drug, said the newer legalization statute poses an even greater health risk for young people in the nation’s capital. “It’s obviously even worse for D.C.’s teenagers and young adults than the decriminalization,” Harris said Thursday.

Unbelievable that 65 percent of the voters passed it, but the Republicans won't respect the vote. If the vote had been 95 percent or 98 percent, would Congress still intervene? (Just to put it in perspective, Congress' approval rating is 14%, so legalizing weed in D.C. is 4 times more popular than Congress itself.)

Alaska is a deep red Republican state, and those voters just legalized recreational ganja. Did the GOP get the memo? Can they read a newspaper? The Republicans in Congress are sabotaging their own brand, but they're too clueless to know it. And don't get me started on the useless worthless Democrats. As is the norm, two-faced Obama & the spineless Dems are silently M.I.A.: they'll ridicule the legalization activists ("stoners") while simultaneously expecting the stoners to vote for them.
November 25th, 2014 at 10:24:51 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: reno
The District of Columbia serves as an exceptionally embarrassing reminder of just how backwards our fake democracy is. On the one hand, Washington, D.C. is our great nation's capital city, steeped in history, tradition, (read: slavery) and the great experiment of American democracy. On the other hand, D.C. voters do not have any representation in the U.S. Senate or the House of Representatives. Moreover, if the voters of D.C. pass a law that the U.S. Congress doesn't like, Congress can literally intervene and overrull the voters of D.C.

The citizens of the District of Columbia have just voted by an overwhelming margin (65 to 27) to legalize possession of weed... but the Republicans in Congress (specifically Maryland's Andy Harris) are trying to void the election:

Unbelievable that 65 percent of the voters passed it, but the Republicans won't respect the vote. If the vote had been 95 percent or 98 percent, would Congress still intervene? (Just to put it in perspective, Congress' approval rating is 14%, so legalizing weed in D.C. is 4 times more popular than Congress itself.)

Alaska is a deep red Republican state, and those voters just legalized recreational ganja. Did the GOP get the memo? Can they read a newspaper? The Republicans in Congress are sabotaging their own brand, but they're too clueless to know it. And don't get me started on the useless worthless Democrats. As is the norm, two-faced Obama & the spineless Dems are silently M.I.A.: they'll ridicule the legalization activists ("stoners") while simultaneously expecting the stoners to vote for them.

I know someone at the troopers. One person in the office stood up to everyone else [cops] in the building and had the facts. They went around until finally when all but one was able to grasp that 30k per conviction a year per person in lock-up, was a worthless waste, the one was asked, why? Why do you want to keep it illegal? The trooper said he used the "smell" of weed as a reason to search the people and their cars, it is a tool to extract info. So the trooper was asked, it isn't the weed you object to, it's the fact that you will lose a tool to search and extract info from cannabis users [or carriers} that makes you want to keep it illegal? The trooper answered that, that is correct.

The whole war on drugs meme wasn't/isn't about keeping drugs away from the populace, it is about control. Making it illegal just keeps the price up and the users/society suffer more.
December 17th, 2014 at 1:58:32 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
According to this, the feds just legalized medical marijuana. http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-medical-pot-20141216-story.html
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
December 17th, 2014 at 2:35:36 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: zippyboy
Your sugar delivery system is liquor, which turns to sugar .

Yeah, no. "Sugar and carbohydrate-rich foods raise
your blood glucose level, while alcohol actually has
the opposite effect — it makes your blood sugar drop."

http://skinnychef.com/blog/does-alcohol-turn-to-sugar-in-your-body
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 17th, 2015 at 3:23:36 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
So 71 year old Larry Harvey has stage 4 cancer of the pancreas that has metastized to his liver, he lives in a state with legal recreational marijuana (Washington) and the Feds want to prosecute him for growing pot? I'm genuinely confused. Why would the Dept of Justice actually want this case in the headlines? Pancreatic cancer is the most serious cancer in existence, stage 4 is the very last stage, so why would the Dept of Justice want to be portrayed in the media as sadists? Aren't they worried that Harvey could actually die in court in the middle of the trial? Wouldn't the corpse make for an awkward photo op at the courthouse?
January 17th, 2015 at 4:14:42 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
So 71 year old Larry Harvey has stage 4 cancer of the pancreas that has metastized to his liver, he lives in a state with legal recreational marijuana (Washington) and the Feds want to prosecute him for growing pot? I'm genuinely confused. Why would the Dept of Justice actually want this case in the headlines? Pancreatic cancer is the most serious cancer in existence, stage 4 is the very last stage, so why would the Dept of Justice want to be portrayed in the media as sadists? Aren't they worried that Harvey could actually die in court in the middle of the trial? Wouldn't the corpse make for an awkward photo op at the courthouse?

The Prosecutor is probably a foxnews viewer.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 17th, 2015 at 4:47:47 PM permalink
petroglyph

Making mmj available to patients was never about helping the patients. It was and is always about the tax revenue. The state does not give one shit about any of us, period. We are a means to their goals.

Of all the people that worked for years and suffered when it was well known that mmj may be absolutely the best possible choice as a medicine or in conjunction with other meds, it was kept illegal until overwhelming consumer sentiment overruled the opposition. So the citizens in each state gather the votes again and again and tell the politcal tools that we do not want people going to jail for reasonable amounts of cannabis. So there is a big frenzy, lots of media circus and the proles are told by their god [tv] that now they can use a plant that has been used for millenia for medicine, as medicine, as long as the patients will not grow it on their own and pay the required fees to the controllers.

So, now the gimmick is you can have your medicine, but in Ariz. you will go to jail if you have a pipe to smoke it. In Wash., you can have weed as long as the State can get their vig. As long as big pharma can, and the ignorant proles can, still blame weed and weed users for every evil known to man. See, simple stuff. It never is about anything other than who gets the vig.

Its ludicrous, that people allow the state to have total control over their lives, but such are the times.
January 18th, 2015 at 5:15:40 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: terapined

The Prosecutor is probably a foxnews viewer.

As FNC is the most watched news source this is a logical statement. Same as the old Camel ad showing that "more doctor's smoke Camels." More lawyers and plumbers did, too. It was the best seller.
The President is a fink.