Pot Legalized

July 27th, 2014 at 10:16:22 PM permalink
zippyboy
Threads: 2
Quote: Beethoven
For the record, I've known plenty of chain smokers throughout my life, and I can honestly say that the majority of them were some of the hardest working guys I've ever met. Hell, they'd probably be LESS productive if they couldn't smoke. Not so with potheads.

There's no comparison there. Sure, potheads are losers who get nowhere in life. But cigarette smokers are smelly losers of a different sort, who annoy everyone around them with their constant stink. And they have health problems like poor circulation which makes them cold even when it's warm outside, and tethered to the next smoke so they can't go any distance without "lemme have a cigarette and we can go"....fine. then I have to deal with your stink in the car. I despise you all. Thanks for listening. If you argue with me, then you're probably a smoker, and I couldn't give a sh!t that you say it's a legal right of yours to smoke. Or that it employs 1000's of hard-working Southerners.

Obama smoked weed in his youth. So did Clinton. There are photos.
July 27th, 2014 at 11:55:54 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: zippyboy

Obama smoked weed in his youth. So did Clinton. There are photos.

But they weren't stoners. It's not possible
to smoke weed every day and have any
kind of career. It's shuts down your brain,
that's why people do it. Getting 'high' is
actually getting low, the weed makes you
barely functional.

I remember sitting around my girlfriends
apartment with a bunch of friends, all
of us stoned out of our minds, nobody
talking because speech was impossible.

Compare that to party's where everybody
was drinking. Lots of conversation and
laughing, sharing of ideas.

Pot is for losers.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 28th, 2014 at 6:28:57 AM permalink
boymimbo
Threads: 5
Pot is for people who medically need it (anxiety, epilepsy) and it is also fine for recreational use from time to time. It would be great to have purchase limits of say, 7 days per 1/8th ounce. So if you buy an ounce, you're not allowed to buy again for 56 days. That allows about two "hits" per day.
July 28th, 2014 at 7:12:15 AM permalink
Beethoven
Threads: 18
Quote: zippyboy
There's no comparison there. Sure, potheads are losers who get nowhere in life. But cigarette smokers are smelly losers of a different sort, who annoy everyone around them with their constant stink. And they have health problems like poor circulation which makes them cold even when it's warm outside, and tethered to the next smoke so they can't go any distance without "lemme have a cigarette and we can go"....fine. then I have to deal with your stink in the car. I despise you all. Thanks for listening. If you argue with me, then you're probably a smoker, and I couldn't give a sh!t that you say it's a legal right of yours to smoke. Or that it employs 1000's of hard-working Southerners.

I still don't understand why potheads hate cigarette smokers so much. At least cigarette smokers are productive people.
Boron Boron Boron rhymes with moron, moron, moron
July 28th, 2014 at 7:14:09 AM permalink
Beethoven
Threads: 18
Pot seen as reason for rise in Denver homeless

Great job, Denver! You guys are great at creating more problems for yourselves...lol
Boron Boron Boron rhymes with moron, moron, moron
July 28th, 2014 at 7:49:58 AM permalink
zippyboy
Threads: 2
I still don't understand why potheads non-smokers hate cigarette smokers so much. At least cigarette smokers are productive people.

FYP

It's not about productivity, but since you brought it up, it's the smokers at my work who are the least productive. They all go outside en masse to smoke, leaving behind an empty job site. Nothing can continue until they return to work. Workflow just has to be on hold for their selfish needs. This happens nearly every hour. And of course they return stinking like a wet ashtray. Can't talk to customers like that, it's disgusting. If I were a business owner, I would actively eschew smokers, regardless of whether that discrimination is legal or not.

We have one guy with an allegedly bad back, who goes out to his car to smoke weed periodically. The professional office next to us, with whom we share a parking lot, has called us on occasion to report him. He has a medical marijuana card, and it's recreationally legal here now, but it still cuts his productivity, and he makes enough mistakes that it irritates those of us who have to repair his errors. It's a waste of money and resources, and an annoying burden to his colleagues. Smokers....I wish some giant hand in the sky would come along and wipe out cigarettes altogether. There's no benefit to cigs, and so much harm that they should be illegal. They should be eradicated from the earth entirely right along with mosquitoes.
July 28th, 2014 at 10:48:49 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
I still don't understand why potheads hate cigarette smokers so much. At least cigarette smokers are productive people.

Might be productive people. Until they get smoking related diseases, and then you get less work out of them as they are sick. And the regular smoke breaks, from some of the people I've worked with, are ridiculous. That's the hardened smokers. Those who are more moderate, like moderate pot smokers are fine by me. Plenty of guys you'd not know that they smoke either substance until you go out on a night out with 'em.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
July 28th, 2014 at 11:19:58 AM permalink
boymimbo
Threads: 5
Right. I always felt it was unfair that smokers could just go outside because of their addiction while the non-smokers stayed inside and worked. Not to mention that health-care costs and sick time that non-smokers eventually have to cover for.

But it's minor.
July 28th, 2014 at 11:58:14 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: boymimbo
Right. I always felt it was unfair that smokers could just go outside because of their addiction while the non-smokers stayed inside and worked. Not to mention that health-care costs and sick time that non-smokers eventually have to cover for.

But it's minor.

When I worked on the tenth floor of a building, and the smokers had to go outside, some guys were burning 12-15 minutes every 90 minutes on their habit. Course, a firm hand by the boss should have cured that. It wasn't like the normal coffee break and stretch which IS good for productivity.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
July 28th, 2014 at 1:49:51 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

For the record, I've known plenty of chain smokers throughout my life, and I can honestly say that the majority of them were some of the hardest working guys I've ever met. Hell, they'd probably be LESS productive if they couldn't smoke. Not so with potheads.

I think this has to do with the chain use of something, doesn't have to be cigarettes. I have never smoked but I keep candy at my desk, all kinds of small candy. Swedish Fish, Sour Patch Kids, Werthers Carmels, and the like. When I am really working a title chain I eat them one after another. I think it somehow keeps the brain concentrating, maybe like a relief valve, letting you concentrate without going into overload?
The President is a fink.