Pot Legalized

September 25th, 2019 at 5:37:47 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Its nice to see republicans finally seeing the light
After stonewalling the issue for years, 91 republicans joined the Dems to allow MJ businesses to banks
Its about time
There is only one place I spend cash these days and that's at the local dispensary. They don't accept credit cards

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/09/25/house-oks-giving-cannabis-industry-access-to-banks-1512850
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 25th, 2019 at 7:26:11 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Oh wow, so the BLM guy is a pothead??

Sure explains a lot now lol
September 26th, 2019 at 10:01:27 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: terapined
ROTFL
Republicans think this changes things.
Legal marijuana, the only change is illegal to legal and tax paying businesses reaping profits instead of the mafia
Pot smokers have been smoking pot for decades regardless if legal or illegal
I will continue as all my friends continue to do. Work good paying jobs all our lives working sober and relaxing at night with a smoke.
Its always been like that, always will.

Gotta agree with Ed here. It is quite simple to find someone to sell you pot, I am told. By the dozens of friends and family that partake. I don't. But I do not want the government stopping them from enjoying. I do want the government to lock em up if they drive under the influence, fly that plane, or put that patient to sleep....
September 26th, 2019 at 10:07:49 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: SOOPOO
Gotta agree with Ed here. It is quite simple to find someone to sell you pot, I am told.

I just saw a billboard today advertising "weed delivered to your house 24 hours a day".
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
September 26th, 2019 at 10:19:44 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: DRich
I just saw a billboard today advertising "weed delivered to your house 24 hours a day".

Yup
I can get it delivered
But I prefer to hit up the dispensary myself
Always interesting products coming out
Big fan of the concentrates and I like shatter
But
Shatter is produced with chemicals
Currently trying out rosin. Its a concentrate produced simply using pressure, intense pressure. No chemicals involved

The names of the products are so funny
Gorilla grapes
Dutch Hawaiian
Sour Diesel
Mandarin Dream
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 26th, 2019 at 10:33:02 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Yup
I can get it delivered
But
Currently trying out rosin. Its a concentrate produced simply using pressure, intense pressure. No chemicals involved

Gorilla grapes
Dutch Hawaiian
Sour Diesel
Mandarin Dream
In AZ. a person still needs a mmj state issued license although Cali. and Nev. both adjacent states weed is recreational and over the counter. I have a mmj license. I had been using tincture, which I put in my tea and drank. The flavor was pleasant enough, and it works pretty well for pain management. I won't use it until later in the day when I know I don't have to leave the house, not wanting to drive under the influence. I just haven't wanted to use any for several months now, so it just sits on a shelf, but I think it is fine as well as shelf life?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
September 26th, 2019 at 11:57:39 AM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
The US House of Representatives just passed a bill to legalize banks to do business with the marijuana industry in states that have legal marijuana.

That's great.

But it's insane that Congress is doing this before removing it from Schedule 1!

So now giant Wall Street financial institutions like Citibank & Chase are allowed to help cannabis retailers sell tons of marijuana in Colorado or Oregon or Nevada... while plenty of other US states criminalize possession of a half ounce.
September 26th, 2019 at 12:24:39 PM permalink
petroglyph
It's always about the money. I couldn't believe the banks let congress cut them out of their vig this long.
September 26th, 2019 at 12:30:18 PM permalink
petroglyph
Finally after over ten years of this story being carried on alternative financial sites, JP Morgan bankers have had RICO charges filed against them for precious metals price manipulation.

Now that JP Morgan is a known felon, the gov will now allow them to do money transactions with weed sales. And like you said, it is still a federal crime. The weed people need to stay cash until congress legalizes the state rules about marijuana. Otherwise mj will continue to be a felony per federal law, while out in the public weed stores are on every corner, and the banks take in millions and the states collect millions in taxes while the product is still a punishable federal crime.

Weed isn't crazy, the government is.

Follow the money.
September 26th, 2019 at 3:04:40 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Yup
I can get it delivered
But

Gorilla grapes
Dutch Hawaiian
Sour Diesel
Mandarin Dream

I am 53 and have never tried it even though it is now legal. My vices are cigarettes and alcohol, if I ever take up another one I really do think I will try heroin.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.