Pot Legalized

January 16th, 2020 at 11:46:00 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
I didn't know but would have wagered on it given a chance.

Yet pot smokers thing they're
the best drivers in the world,
even when they're high. This
is what dope does to your
brain. Makes you dopey.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 18th, 2020 at 12:07:54 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
Quote: Shrek
Welp, even old Willie Nelson has wised up!

‘I Don’t Smoke Anymore’: Wille Nelson Gives Up Marijuana For Health Reasons

Too bad other libbies can't wise up as well. 😂😂

You didn't read the article. The article specifically says that he's still using cannabis.
January 18th, 2020 at 12:13:54 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
Here's an interesting article about traffic fatalities decreasing in states with legal weed.

One thing occurred to me, though: if traffic fatalities are legitimate reason to criminalize cannabis, shouldn't alcohol be criminalized for precisely the same reason? Our society has decided that traffic fatalities are an acceptable price to pay for legal alcohol. So why the double standard? This double standard should be part of the debate.
January 18th, 2020 at 1:35:17 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: reno

You didn't read the article. The article specifically says that he's still using cannabis.

Medical MJ passed by a landslide in FL
No doubt a lot of conservative voters approved. No landslide without conservatives approving
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 18th, 2020 at 3:03:58 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: reno

You can use marijuana without smoking it.... There are endless marijuana products. Teas, foods, drinks, vaporizers, etc....
May 18th, 2020 at 12:37:59 PM permalink
terapined
A lot of states are desperate for money as the tax base has dried up due to the virus
Would not be surprised if states are looking at the extra tax revenue from Marijuana to bail them out
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 18th, 2020 at 2:04:02 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: terapined
A lot of states are desperate for money as the tax base has dried up due to the virus
Would not be surprised if states are looking at the extra tax revenue from Marijuana to bail them out
True, but consider the easy "busts" for each states 5-O and the commerce attached to their prison industry's.

As you said here, they may finally 'legalize' pot for the tax income, which gags me that that has always what it's been about, the money. Check who fights against legalization in states where ballot measures fail. I know Calif., Nev, and always Az. gather enough sigs to put weed on the ballots, then big alcohol supports advertising about how dangerous it is, and the measures fail. It's always about the money.

Also in AZ, we have such a high percentage of OWM and women, it's the last vestige of redneck heaven. As wave after wave of Calif. grab their pensions and head to this lower tax state, it is slowly turning blue. When weed passes, you can start digging graves for the greatest gen.

I saw an interesting talk on RT Max Keiser speaking about the new gold being Bitcoin, and it struck me when he discussed how much influence The Simpsons and South Park have had on the Millenial and X generations. Today's gens do not see the world through the same filters my boomer gen had. Interesting. I used to gripe at my son kiddingly, about his attraction to the Simpsons when he was young. Now I like the Simpsons and he is rearing children, who have digital devices and social media. Paybacks are hell.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
May 18th, 2020 at 2:20:41 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: petroglyph
True, but consider the easy "busts" for each states 5-O and the commerce attached to their prison industry's.

As you said here, they may finally 'legalize' pot for the tax income, which gags me that that has always what it's been about, the money. Check who fights against legalization in states where ballot measures fail. I know Calif., Nev, and always Az. gather enough sigs to put weed on the ballots, then big alcohol supports advertising about how dangerous it is, and the measures fail. It's always about the money.

You have to put the vote to the people
Here in Florida, the republicans in power fought this tooth and nail
They could care less what the people want
We got it on the ballot as a referendum. Passed by a landslide.
Republicans still fought it tooth and nail. They could care less it passed by a landslide, they were still against
They decided to drag their feet saying this could take a lot of years to implement
The people behind the referendum had to hire lawyers to sue the state to listen to the people
Rick Scott, the old Gov, was still fighting it
New Republican GOV, Desantis supports whatever the voters support
May 18th, 2020 at 2:35:47 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
It's revenue crime here
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
May 18th, 2020 at 2:39:40 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: terapined
You have to put the vote to the people
Here in Florida, the republicans in power fought this tooth and nail
They could care less what the people want
We got it on the ballot as a referendum. Passed by a landslide.
Republicans still fought it tooth and nail. They could care less it passed by a landslide, they were still against
They decided to drag their feet saying this could take a lot of years to implement
The people behind the referendum had to hire lawyers to sue the state to listen to the people
Rick Scott, the old Gov, was still fighting it
New Republican GOV, Desantis supports whatever the voters support

If Trump was wise, he would make it Federally legal and allow states to decide. This would allow a Federal tax to be levied (like on cigarettes and alcohol). And, it would allow a state by state decision on what would be legal. Instead of "well it is legal, but its really not"....
That taxes raised would also help recover the deficit from COVID-19.

If Trump did this he would win in a landslide....

It's a strange state of affairs that states are legalizing things that are federally prohibited.