Evenbob
Threads: 146
I know a woman who has been smoking
every day since 1968. Four husbands and
5 kids later, she is so ADD she can't stay on a
project longer than a week. At one time
she really had it together, but that was decades
ago.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 28th, 2014 at 5:34:08 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
I know a woman who has been smoking
ago.

Smoking weed or Lucky Strikes?
The President is a fink.
July 28th, 2014 at 5:55:54 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: Evenbob
I know a woman who has been smoking weed
ago.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 28th, 2014 at 5:57:53 PM permalink
Evenbob
I changed it. She smoked both and quit
cigs 10 years ago. She says she'll never
quit dope, she's hopelessly addicted
after 46 years of daily use. She seems
really nice, but there's nobody home anymore.
July 28th, 2014 at 7:42:06 PM permalink
1nickelmiracle
Threads: 24
Most people quit pot by the age of 27. It's a juvenile drug and I think people start not having friends to partake and they don't know anyone anymore to buy from. This will change now it's legal and readily accessible. Without fear of the law using and obtaining, people will be less resistant. People use too much in my opinion with it being so powerful and they shouldn't.
July 28th, 2014 at 8:47:38 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: 1nickelmiracle
Most people quit pot by the age of 27. It's a juvenile drug .

That's the reason I quit using it in my early
20's, it's a kids drug. It makes you feel all
goofy and silly and out of it., like kids like
to feel. I got tired of feeling that way so
I stopped. Everybody that I knew that
was still doing it in their 40's had some
kind of emotional arrested development.
They had never grown up, matured. Like
the woman who is still at it 45 years later.
4 divorces? She treats husbands like boyfriends,
get tired of them and get another. Not
holding jobs, still going to outdoor concerts
and dancing like a teen at age 60, she is
still emotionally a kid. She has lots of friends
her age, but they all think she's a goofball.
July 29th, 2014 at 3:16:32 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: 1nickelmiracle
Most people quit pot by the age of 27. It's a juvenile drug and I think people start not having friends to partake and they don't know anyone anymore to buy from. This will change now it's legal and readily accessible. Without fear of the law using and obtaining, people will be less resistant. People use too much in my opinion with it being so powerful and they shouldn't.

Great, one more thing a society with too many people who don't mature to their ages needs. In a generation we will have 1/3 the people under 40 living in their parent's basements and not getting on with life and career.

As to they don't know who to buy from, I can see that. Your dealer turns 30 and has already put himself thru college and now has a paid-up house so he decides it may be time to retire as his dwindling customer base is not worth the risk. If you just sell pot to friends who do not resell then getting caught should be difficult. If you decide to build an empire this changes.
The President is a fink.
July 29th, 2014 at 6:33:31 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
as for myself, I must have been about 19 when I experimented with marijuana - as long as I didnt have to pay for it. At that time using it free was really easy as it was a new thing, and the pot users thought of themselves as a bunch of Johnny Marijuana-seeds needing to spread the joy. Pretty soon I suspected realized that some of the joints handed around were laced with something, and I really disliked that lack of control.

I quit at that point. A good move, it would have been destructive for me, can't speak for others.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
July 29th, 2014 at 4:48:51 PM permalink
zippyboy
Threads: 2
Sign seen at a Colorado Rockies game over the weekend:

July 30th, 2014 at 12:33:05 PM permalink
Beethoven
Threads: 18
Quote: TheCesspit
And the regular smoke breaks, from some of the people I've worked with, are ridiculous.
Quote: zippyboy
It's not about productivity, but since you brought it up, it's the smokers at my work who are the least productive. They all go outside en masse to smoke, leaving behind an empty job site. Nothing can continue until they return to work. Workflow just has to be on hold for their selfish needs. This happens nearly every hour.
How come you crossed out "potheads" in my post and replaced it with "non-smokers"? I was specifically talking about chronic potsmokers.

Anyway, it sounds like both of you should be mad at your bosses for letting their subordinates run the show. Cigarettes can't be blamed for an incompetent boss.

Quote: zippyboy
There's no benefit to cigs, and so much harm that they should be illegal. They should be eradicated from the earth entirely
Does anyone else see the irony here? lol

Quote: boymimbo
Not to mention that health-care costs and sick time that non-smokers eventually have to cover for.
You need to do your homework. In that regard, non-smokers are the beneficiaries because smokers spend their entire lives paying into the system, but since they die sooner, most of them don't benefit from it.
Boron Boron Boron rhymes with moron, moron, moron