Sound

Page 2 of 3<123>
November 7th, 2014 at 11:49:09 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
http://youtu.be/oMFGg2N3Mso

Red Breasted [rufous]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red-breasted_nuthatch

There a lot of fun to watch and will readily come to a feeder. They grab a seed and bite hard and find something to crack it on and just pound pound pound till they get it open.

I've had those screech owls scare the hell out of me at night, while listening for bears. Tempted to spend a .338 shell on him to shut up.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
November 7th, 2014 at 3:19:41 PM permalink
beernuts
Threads: 0
How did you post those videos here?
November 7th, 2014 at 3:45:49 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
When I was a kid in the city, the biggest birds we commonly came across were ravens and sea gulls. I always imagined owls were about the same size or smaller.

But when I actually saw a real live Great Horned Owl, it blew me away. Homeboy was 2 feet tall with a 5 foot wingspan. Of course the most impressive thing to me is that owls eat mice whole, then crap them out in a neat little package. That's real talent.
November 7th, 2014 at 4:46:18 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: Ayecarumba
When I was a kid in the city, the biggest birds we commonly came across were ravens and sea gulls. I always imagined owls were about the same size or smaller.

But when I actually saw a real live Great Horned Owl, it blew me away. Homeboy was 2 feet tall with a 5 foot wingspan. Of course the most impressive thing to me is that owls eat mice whole, then crap them out in a neat little package. That's real talent.

The best days of school were dissecting the pellets. We used to have to reassemble the skeletons inside to identify the animal eaten. Always a good time.

Owls are very impressive in person. First is the eyes. They give the impression they could read a newspaper from 5 miles away. There's just something so certain about them. The biggest though is their robotic-ness. They just don't look natural. There's a local outfit here that rescues war birds and they show up to all gun shows, ATV races, hunting expos, etc. Great horned, turkey vultures, barn owls, perigrines... it's cool getting to see them up close. The owls are always a hit. I'd not mind one as a pet.

@beer, I'll show you when I get home. Too hard to do on phone
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
November 7th, 2014 at 6:25:21 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: beernuts
How did you post those videos here?

If you find your YT video, just copy / paste the URL here, like so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MJiRy14kKg

Next, take everything before "youtube" and everything between "youtube and the "=" and throw it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MJiRy14kKg

You should be left with something that looks like this -> youtube=6MJiRy14kKg. Once it's pared down to this, just surround it with brackets -> [yootoob=abunchoflettersandnumbers]

And that's it. The example YT URL I started with results in the video below. If you use the "quote" function of this site, you can see exactly how I did it.

Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
November 20th, 2014 at 11:57:18 PM permalink
beernuts
Thanks I love that we can embed videos here. makes it alot more convenient to watch videos.
November 21st, 2014 at 1:33:35 AM permalink
1nickelmiracle
Threads: 24
We don't talk about sounds because we can't communicate them very well either by mimic or words. It's hard enough just mastering native languages effectively.
November 21st, 2014 at 4:30:20 PM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
November 21st, 2014 at 5:05:06 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: aceofspades

Why? Deaf people get along just fine.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 21st, 2014 at 10:25:22 PM permalink
beernuts
Quote: aceofspades

I would love that place!!!!!
Page 2 of 3<123>