are psilocybin mushrooms next

Page 4 of 5<12345>
November 9th, 2014 at 6:49:28 AM permalink
zippyboy
Threads: 2
Quote: Mosca
You can smoke a little or a lot of marijuana. But once you eat that mushroom, you are on the ride. No getting out of it until it wears off.

Same applies to eating marijuana, the "medibles". That's why they're still not legal here in Washington for recreational use. There was no regulation set forth in the ballot initiative for dosage per portion, number of portions per package, general oversight, etc. Once a couple kiddies got into their parent's stash of medibles (for medical use) and ate a whole peanut-butter cup and tripped their little heads off and told a teacher, news media got ahold of the story, so medibles (for recreational use) aren't legal yet. I completely understand and agree with that.
November 9th, 2014 at 9:10:51 AM permalink
Mosca
Threads: 22
Just for the record, I enjoyed the hell out of every mushroom I ever ate, hallucinogenic or not, and enjoyed most of the marijuana I smoked. But that was over 30 years ago, haven't touched the stuff since the 70s. And my position personally is that recreational drugs should be legal. But the question is what I think will happen, not what I think should happen.
November 9th, 2014 at 10:05:18 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Of course if a medible is eaten especially with the high thc cannabis, the consumer gets stoned.

But if for a little while we assume someone is actually using it for medicine, I agree the dosing can be a bit tricky. A little trial and error with some buzz that wears off in a predictable fashion, with the knowledge going in what to expect. A little too much or too little and optimum results don't happen.

The [overpriced] dispensary locally is labeling the product with tested amounts of thc or cbd. The last couple batches I've used the 9% cbd to make oil and then brownies. It took a while but I have the dosing figured out pretty well. I use a certain measure to 1/2 cup oil when I make the oil, it seems pretty standardized.

I have read some on the mushrooms and there have been scientific studies under fluoroscopy showing the neural pathways in the brain multiplying several times and the user was left with no ill side effects but more pathways in the brain and a better consciousness, so that is one effect. I have read the indigenous tribes in Siberia have used them forever for pain management?

As far as the discrepancy goes with mushrooms versus weed, we having experience, would know right away if we were toking 2% ditchweed shake, from "the kind" or some skunk weighing in at over 14%. But a novice would not.

If a mushroom researcher was familiar enough with a certain kind in a certain field and dried and processed Psilocybin mushrooms the researcher could get some kind of baseline.

I am curious about the wonderful world of alternative medicine. I am tired of all the good ole boys pounding their chest with no education or personal knowledge shouting louder than anyone that there is no therapeutic value to cannabis or any other plant that has been used for medicine for hundreds of years with repeated healthful effects.

Cannabis is now widely accepted [now that it is more legal] as the absolutely best medicine for some kinds of seizures. But the staunch hard liner old guard isn't going to come out and admit they were wrong about the medical benefits that can be had from plant based medicine that until now has been taboo. But that does not mean that mankind can't receive myriad benefits from the plant world.

How can these people have hypnotic like denial of the benefits of plants that have through evolution progressed right along side of humans and there not be some correlation? Poison ivy will make you itch. Several types of fungus can kill you. Thousands of plants have never been medically looked at for possible benefits that outweigh the side effects. But the "law" won't even let researchers have the stuff in their labs, why?

It is legal to pick and eat "the angel of death" mushrooms. Once eaten you either die or need a new liver, that is just unfortunate but not illegal. If you go out and pick a liberty cap and consume it and laugh your ass off and it cures some psych disorder or cures cancer, it is still illegal and you can go to jail. There is something really really wrong with a government that thinks like this and has a militarized police to back it up. The wisdom and larceny of my government will arrest mushroom pickers or down here [possesing weed] and put them in prison and ruin the rest of their lives for an organic substance. However friends of the big gov can bomb countries, give arms to enemies, loot pensions, send the manufacturing base offshore tax free, and debase the money and are held up as leaders of the free world.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
November 11th, 2014 at 3:08:48 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: Evenbob
The fact that you think it's availability is
the same for kids in states where it's now legal
means you're in a different land, mentally.

Never mind, I just realized what's wrong
with you. We're not supposed to post
when we block someone, so I won't.

I wasn't aware you had me blocked?
November 13th, 2014 at 1:27:53 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: petroglyph
I wasn't aware you had me blocked?

I think declaring you have someone blocked to end an argument is weak.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
November 13th, 2014 at 3:36:42 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: TheCesspit
I think declaring you have someone blocked to end an argument is weak.

I'll tell you how weak It is, It is so weak, I didn't even know I was arguing with him.
November 21st, 2014 at 2:29:12 AM permalink
1nickelmiracle
Threads: 24
Hearing colors and all the new neural connection stuff really sounds cool. Knowing my luck, I would get the demon from another dimension chewing my ear off with small talk driving me crazy though. I could have taken some years ago but passed. They taste so bad though they doused them in mustard and made a sandwich just to swallow them.
February 21st, 2015 at 4:34:21 PM permalink
petroglyph
Science is starting to look at the medicinal benefits of mushrooms.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/heres-happened-63-old-man-223357677.html
February 22nd, 2015 at 12:40:15 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: petroglyph
Science is starting to look at the medicinal benefits of mushrooms.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/heres-happened-63-old-man-223357677.html

That's crazy.

I didn't so much kick hallucinogens as they kicked me. They're just so dependent on mind frame, and only worked properly for me when my mind was detached. You know; no worries, no fears, able to just roll with it. Once real life kicked in and I started have bills and responsibilities, the ability to have a good trip vanished. I imagine doing them now and I envision a nightmare. No chance to float on a happy cloud, I'd go straight to the hell of worrying about a million different things.

To do so because of cancer? Eeesh. I remember the one bad trip I had, when I went to hell. All that set that off was I was around a bunch of drunks, and I didn't want to be around a bunch of drunks. That little shift was all it took for the worst looping hellride I'd ever been on. Tripping while depressed and thinking about cancer? Some people are going to freak.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
February 23rd, 2015 at 5:59:21 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: Face
That's crazy.

I didn't so much kick hallucinogens as they kicked me. They're just so dependent on mind frame, and only worked properly for me when my mind was detached. You know; no worries, no fears, able to just roll with it. Once real life kicked in and I started have bills and responsibilities, the ability to have a good trip vanished. I imagine doing them now and I envision a nightmare. No chance to float on a happy cloud, I'd go straight to the hell of worrying about a million different things.

To do so because of cancer? Eeesh. I remember the one bad trip I had, when I went to hell. All that set that off was I was around a bunch of drunks, and I didn't want to be around a bunch of drunks. That little shift was all it took for the worst looping hellride I'd ever been on. Tripping while depressed and thinking about cancer? Some people are going to freak.

I don't really have much personal experience with shrooms. I tried them maybe twice, dozens of years ago. At the time I had an hour or so of hilarity. I don't know the right kind or appropriate dose. Now that I am not really willing to experiment I have come across acres of them. The orange ones with the I think [arsenic?] on them.

My belief is that there are many many plant cures or better treatments in nature than we are aware of. I think there is some validity to ancient shamanistic medical practices that were used for centuries prior to the FDA and DEA and all the three letter agency's.

I can appreciate a freaky bad trip that would scare a person almost insane. I have read about the uses of those shrooms as medicine by tribes in Siberia for centuries? IDK. It seem every day there is more evidence of the health benefits to cannabis. This one claims pot 114 times safer than alcohol. http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2015/02/23/marijuana-may-be-even-safer-than-previously-thought-researchers-say/

Maybe it works like when they give Ritalin [speed] to hyper active kids and it slows them down? Researches left and right are jumping on the cannabis bandwagon. My opinion says weed is much better for a person than alcohol statistically. The arguments will still be continuing long after I'm gone.

But I will say this. It is different for each of us. I have been diagnosed with Carcinoma, and it gets inside my head. I always had a high stress occupation and have done lots of dangerous activity's, no problem. No fear, or at least didn't let it alter my behavior other than the adrenaline. But the diagnosis haunts me. If for any reason I wake up, my brain instantly goes from zero to sixty and even in a sleep stupor, I have wide awakeness thinking about "the disease", the treatments, and unfortunately agony. Physical and mental. If I could somehow trust that there would be no bad side effects at this point, I would swallow a handful [of shrooms] or however much was the "right" amount if it would take away the anxiety. I have zanax and pain meds, and I'm sure they would give me a scrip for anything that seemed even remotely like it would help. But to me they are all depressants. I never liked anything that slowed me down, going fast was more my thing, life on the edge.

I am typing this a few blocks from the Mayo in Phoenix where I will be tomorrow. I probably shouldn't bring up the shroom thing, but the thought of it while all the shit goes on around me, may bring me a chuckle. And that is good medicine, IMO.
Page 4 of 5<12345>