Bill Cosby, What the Frick?

December 8th, 2014 at 12:12:22 PM permalink
Evenbob
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 121
Posts: 14913
Quote: Fleastiff


As to the Bill Cosby bandwagon.... Twelve playboy bunnies?? And Not ONE of them went to the cops,.


What are we up to now, over 30 women?
All liars according to you. You know nothing
about women and how hard it is for them
to come forward with stuff like this. A member
of my family was abused as a teen and it took
her 30 years before she told anybody.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 8th, 2014 at 12:31:02 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Member since: Oct 27, 2012
Threads: 54
Posts: 6151
Quote: terapined
One did go to a lawyer right away. The lawyer laughed her right out of the office.
That is strange... most lawyers will jump at a change to sue a big name with deep pockets... just the publicity even if he loses will enhance his career. May indeed have happened though. I know one woman who went to a lawyer and got raped by him right there. I don't know if he sent her a bill for his time or not, but I wouldn't put it past him.
December 8th, 2014 at 12:59:34 PM permalink
Evenbob
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 121
Posts: 14913
Quote: Fleastiff
That is strange... most lawyers will jump at a change to sue a big name with deep pockets... just the publicity even if he loses will enhance his career..


Oh brother. Lawyers hate wasting their time,
big star or not. These cases are usually he
said she said and not worth their time.
My first thought would be it's somebody
looking to make a windfall off a star, and
most of the time that would be correct.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 9th, 2014 at 4:35:02 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Member since: Oct 28, 2012
Threads: 91
Posts: 2277
There's one thing I keep thinking about:

Just before all this blew up, Cosby had a televised stand up comedy routine [only he sat down for the whole thing]. It was awful, I tried to watch for a bit, but had to turn it off. You might think his sitting down would be OK, but it somehow elicited no sympathy ... I got the feeling anyone would feel the same and I don't know why. But never mind, he was hard to understand and rambled and just didnt seem to know what was supposed to be funny anymore, a guy who used to nail it.

I didn't try to look for reviews, but I'd bet anything he got crucified. Either that or the critics couldnt admit to themselves or anyone else how awful he was.

So, now these women pounce. Is it a coincidence?

So you see, Fleastiff, I can drum up some sympathy, and, no, I don't like the idea of bringing charges decades later, and, yes, I think there is a percentage of these ladies who are just after money now, and maybe one or two lying completely. But like Bob, I just can't dismiss 30 coming forward.
Mustard:You like Kipling, Miss Scarlet? Sure, I'll eat anything [from movie]
December 9th, 2014 at 5:10:14 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Member since: Oct 27, 2012
Threads: 54
Posts: 6151
Quote: odiousgambit
So you see, Fleastiff, I can drum up some sympathy,
Of what use is sympathy when a good healthy dose of skepticism is what is required.
> and, no, I don't like the idea of bringing charges decades later
That's good but it is decades later.
>, and, yes, I think there is a percentage of these ladies who are just after money now,
eighty percent, ninety percent, ninety-nine percent? or are you only open to two percent skepticism?
>. But like Bob, I just can't dismiss 30 coming forward.
Of course you can.

Think of it as thirty beautiful women showing up at your place with wads of money that they want to bestow on you in return for your services. You take number one's money and fully satisfy her; then you move on to number two until eventually with good nutrition and good rest breaks you fully satisfy number thirty. Very simple. One at a time.
Same thing with examining the accusers. You look at each one skeptically. One at a time. Until eventually you get to the last one and have to choose between lying, money-grubbing slut or honest, virtuous victim.
December 9th, 2014 at 6:10:32 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Member since: Oct 28, 2012
Threads: 91
Posts: 2277
Quote: Fleastiff
Think of it as thirty beautiful women showing up at your place with wads of money that they want to bestow on you in return for your services


we don't see eye to eye but thank you for using an example I can relate to anyway! [g]
Mustard:You like Kipling, Miss Scarlet? Sure, I'll eat anything [from movie]
December 9th, 2014 at 10:06:36 AM permalink
rxwine
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 131
Posts: 6450
Quote: Fleastiff
Of what use is sympathy when a good healthy dose of skepticism is what is required.
> and, no, I don't like the idea of bringing charges decades later
That's good but it is decades later.
>, and, yes, I think there is a percentage of these ladies who are just after money now,
eighty percent, ninety percent, ninety-nine percent? or are you only open to two percent skepticism?
>. But like Bob, I just can't dismiss 30 coming forward.
Of course you can.

Think of it as thirty beautiful women showing up at your place with wads of money that they want to bestow on you in return for your services. You take number one's money and fully satisfy her; then you move on to number two until eventually with good nutrition and good rest breaks you fully satisfy number thirty. Very simple. One at a time.
Same thing with examining the accusers. You look at each one skeptically. One at a time. Until eventually you get to the last one and have to choose between lying, money-grubbing slut or honest, virtuous victim.


Bah, humbug. (tis the season)

If I was Cosby's lawyer I'd be advocating like he was an innocent flower.

If Cosby was my son, I'd be kicking his ass at this point, even as I tried not to disown him..

(age being a relative like Einstein where he was not so old as to have a dead father)

"Son, you got one story, and these women have another. It just ain't adding up anymore at this point."

And another thing -- a good attorney can discredit his own daughter's honesty. "You said you'd be home at 9pm and what time did you roll in? 9:45pm."
You said you were over at Mary's and where were you. You were both at (some place they are not suppose to be).
All these women can be discredited in some manner -- but it doesn't mean they are more or less worse than average.

Some stats stay 50% of rape victims don't report, so the decades old charges don't mean much in the scheme of being discredited. Rapes occur and aren't reported so much for various reasons.

I think most of these women expect to get nothing else but to put a virtual knife in the Cosby legacy. That's all they know they can get, but they'll take it because something happened to them that wasn't suppose to.

I never heard him described as the bastard everyone wants to get for some reason, who deserves this.

Another point of contention -- professionals in a field all run the risk of certain things. Like plastic surgeons are in a particular incidence of being the person who will do really unnecessary procedures, or mechanics who do unnecessary work. When you have an outlier in the profession proclaiming innocence but lots of accusers you have to seriously consider that your outlier is the one not telling the truth.
Nobody learned anything from the global financial crisis.
December 11th, 2014 at 12:07:48 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Member since: Oct 27, 2012
Threads: 54
Posts: 6151
>If I was Cosby's lawyer I'd be advocating like he was an innocent flower.
In a court of law or a court of public opinion?

>I think most of these women expect to get nothing else but to put a virtual knife in the Cosby legacy.
For what other men did to them over the course of their lives?

>I never heard him described as the bastard everyone wants to get for some reason, who deserves this.
Vultures circle the dying irrespective of their prey's reputation.

>When you have an outlier in the profession proclaiming innocence but lots of accusers you have to seriously consider
>that your outlier is the one not telling the truth.
OR that lots of the accusers have been recruited by personal gain to make such accusation.
December 11th, 2014 at 12:38:48 AM permalink
rxwine
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 131
Posts: 6450
Quote: Fleastiff
>If I was Cosby's lawyer I'd be advocating like he was an innocent flower.
In a court of law or a court of public opinion?

>I think most of these women expect to get nothing else but to put a virtual knife in the Cosby legacy.
For what other men did to them over the course of their lives?

>I never heard him described as the bastard everyone wants to get for some reason, who deserves this.
Vultures circle the dying irrespective of their prey's reputation.

>When you have an outlier in the profession proclaiming innocence but lots of accusers you have to seriously consider
>that your outlier is the one not telling the truth.
OR that lots of the accusers have been recruited by personal gain to make such accusation.


Just out curiosity do you generally side with someone who has double digit accusers in all other crimes as well?

I find it an odd position to take FOR any crime with multiple accusers, not just this one.
Nobody learned anything from the global financial crisis.
December 11th, 2014 at 5:46:54 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Member since: Oct 27, 2012
Threads: 54
Posts: 6151
Quote: rxwine
Just out curiosity do you generally side with someone who has double digit accusers in all other crimes as well?
Generally I do, Yes and proudly so.

Quote: rxwine
I find it an odd position to take FOR any crime with multiple accusers, not just this one.


Shall we compare personal histories:

Facilitated Communication: As all those parents and care givers were being charged with unspeakable acts by Facilitated Communicators, I pronounced it utter nonsense.

MVMO Childcare: Falls River; Manhattan Beach, Wenatchee, etc. All those Multiple Victim, Multiple Offender child day care "scandals". Utter nonsense... All of them.

MPD, Multiple Personality Disorder, Eve, etc. All nonsense, all of it. Willing therapists and willing patients. Secondary gain.

JonBenet Ramsey and parental involvement. Utter nonsense right from Day One.

Ryan Ferguson, Columbia MO. 17 year old High School kid killed 300 pound football player. No Way. Coworker did it. Day One.

David Camm former State Trooper convicted and convicted of murder... No Way. Prosecutor and Forensic Railroading.

Duke University Frathouse "rape". Fishy from the start.


I guess whenever the lynch mob comes with ropes and torches, I stand on the side of reason and evidence.