reno
Threads: 58
Quote: Evenbob
Look at Tiger Woods. Like Cosby, he got away
with it because you just don't rat out black icons,
it makes you look racist. Everybody in the golf
biz knew Woods was a letch, but nobody talked
about it.

Personally, I distinguish between a serial wife cheater (Tiger Woods) and a serial rapist (Bill Cosby.)

Tiger Woods' behavior is not at all unusual: many many married celebrities cheat on their wives, no matter how squeaky clean their phoney image is (Charles Kuralt!?!?). But Cosby's behavior is very very unusual for a celebrity. There are no celebrities with multiple rape accusations. It just doesn't happen.
December 12th, 2014 at 12:37:08 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: reno
Personally, I distinguish between a serial wife cheater (Tiger Woods) and a serial rapist (Bill Cosby.)

Yeah,I don't believe Tiger ever did anything that could earn him a prison sentence, but just stuff that gets your wife swinging golf clubs at you and taking half your stuff or more in a divorce.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 12th, 2014 at 1:08:17 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Personally, I distinguish between a serial wife cheater (Tiger Woods) and a serial rapist (Bill Cosby.) There are no celebrities with multiple rape accusations. It just doesn't happen.

Query: How well known does a celebrity's vices have to be before he becomes a target of the tabloids and blackmailers?

I mean if it is some "common knowledge" that "Celebrity X" can't keep his pants zipped up and uses drugs right and left on his victims, just what is it that would keep the tabloids at bay. I would think they would be wiring hotel rooms with audio and video, sending in ringers wired for sound, etc. Its just not likely that the tabloids would back off a hot target like that.
December 12th, 2014 at 4:52:59 PM permalink
1nickelmiracle
Threads: 24
Going to have to find this drug dealer pretty soon. Can't get drugs without someone providing it.
December 13th, 2014 at 3:46:19 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Yeah need a reliable supplier and have to travel with those drugs as well. And all victims have to be stupid enough to swallow some proffered drink despite it being common knowledge in the industry that he rapes everything in skirts right and left.
January 5th, 2015 at 5:42:27 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Oprah is supposed to be having an hour long special with Bill Cosby.
January 9th, 2015 at 8:30:45 AM permalink
reno
Quote: Fleastiff
Query: How well known does a celebrity's vices have to be before he becomes a target of the tabloids and blackmailers?

I just don't believe that Lou Ferrigno (the Incredible Hulk) and his wife Carla would blackmail Bill Cosby. It's too risky, and there's nothing to be gained monetarily by making an accusation in 2014 about a terrible event that occurred in 1967. Carla does not have a history of making false rape accusations against celebrities. And yet she says that in 1967 Bill Cosby attempted to rape her (she escaped).

"No one has ever been that physically violent with me," Carla Ferrigno says of Bill Cosby.

Is Lou Ferrigno trying to get money out of Bill Cosby? Is Carla trying to get famous? Why would Lou Ferrigno be involved in a conspiracy to bring down Bill Cosby? None of those motives make any sense. The most logical explanation is that she's simply telling the truth.

January 9th, 2015 at 12:58:41 PM permalink
Fleastiff
I have no idea what pressures either he or his wife are under.
I don't see halos anywhere.
January 9th, 2015 at 3:14:43 PM permalink
reno
Quote: Fleastiff
I have no idea what pressures either he or his wife are under.
I don't see halos anywhere.

So it's impossible that she was telling the truth?
January 9th, 2015 at 9:40:21 PM permalink
Fleastiff
So it's impossible that she was telling the truth?

Not at all, but I don't know if they are low on royalties or not. I don't know if she is trying to revive some sort of career or not. I would still like the traditional questions of did you go to the cops, did you make contemporaneous statements to friends or physicians, etc..