(half of) Hewlett Packard Must be Destroyed.

November 21st, 2014 at 11:30:25 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
We got a new copier at the office. It's the latest, state-of-the-art in labor-intensifying devices.

More to come.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
November 22nd, 2014 at 9:14:54 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
So the new copier has this one big glaring flaw: by default it prints back to front. that is, the last page ends up on top, face up, and the first page goes on the bottom. This is so whether copying a document or printing one from the PC.

Given we often copy very large documents, as big as 200 pages, and print even larger ones, this is a big deal.

After much complains to the IT dept and the HP dealer, we got a fix. Of sorts.

Now the copier prints front to back, that is the first page is on top, face up, and the last page goes on the bottom. BUT. But when copying it has to scan the whole document first, and when printing it has to process the whole document first, because first it prints the last page, because the pages all come face up. All our other copiers, including two slightly older (and smaller) HP copiers, print sot he pages come face down.

I reported to my boss like this: before the fix the thing was useless, now it's inefficient.

What really bothers me is one of the IT guys told me this face-up, last-page-on-top thing is the new HP copier standard.

WHY? Who wants all their documents printed this way? What possible use could it have?

It's Windows 8 all over again.

However, HP PCs continue to be well made. the one I got at the office is one of the best I've ever had, fast, stable and very reliable. So only half of HP needs to stop what it's doing.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER