Generosity

November 24th, 2014 at 11:27:25 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Yesterday morning I was golfing while my wife went to the market to purchase groceries and supplies for the week (including Thanksgiving dinner).

She called me on the golf course to let me know that an anonymous person paid our $325 grocery bill and included a choice of a ham or turkey. Of course my wife was astonished because although you hear about things like this it never happens to you. Because we had previously purchased our ham, turkey, and turducken she gladly gave the turkey to the person behind her in line. My wife wanted to thank the donor but the market would not identify who did it. Apparently this person does it every year for a few people.

On the golf course I bought the next round of beers when the cart girl came by and my friends reminded me that buying beers is not considered paying it forward. So this week my wife and I will be making a donation to the local food bank to help others more deserving than us.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
November 24th, 2014 at 11:44:21 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
You can buy me beer anytime and I ain't never met nobody more deserving than myself.
November 24th, 2014 at 11:55:29 AM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: DRich
Yesterday morning I was golfing while my wife went to the market to purchase groceries and supplies for the week (including Thanksgiving dinner).

She called me on the golf course to let me know that an anonymous person paid our $325 grocery bill and included a choice of a ham or turkey. Of course my wife was astonished because although you hear about things like this it never happens to you. Because we had previously purchased our ham, turkey, and turducken she gladly gave the turkey to the person behind her in line. My wife wanted to thank the donor but the market would not identify who did it. Apparently this person does it every year for a few people.

On the golf course I bought the next round of beers when the cart girl came by and my friends reminded me that buying beers is not considered paying it forward. So this week my wife and I will be making a donation to the local food bank to help others more deserving than us.

What a wonderful and inspiring story - thanks for sharing!
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
November 24th, 2014 at 12:01:35 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Reminds me of the time at the PA-gate on the NYS Thruway. Christmas Eve. I go to pay the toll and the girl says nothing due. I ask why and she says the car in front of me paid my toll. Sure was just $3 or so but I remember it 12 years later.
The President is a fink.