Movie Trailers

Page 3 of 3<123
December 10th, 2014 at 10:17:48 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Pacomartin
The market agrees with you.
Terminator sold over 11 million tickets in Northern America. A big hit for a fairly low budget film.
Terminator II sold almost 50 million tickets.
Terminator III sold about 25 million tickets.
Terminator Salvation sold almost 17 million tickets.

They are making plans to shoot a two part follow up to next summer's Terminator to be aired in 2017 and 2018.

If I am not mistaken the decision to shoot two sequences at once started with Back to the Future. Certainly the Lord of the rings decision to shoot all three movies at once was hugely profitable.

Gah, I just saw James Cameron is doing Avatar 2, 3, and 4. Maybe 2 will be better, because I didn't care for the first.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 10th, 2014 at 11:13:37 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
There was a Terminator 4? Two is the only one
worth watching. Best story and Ahnold on a
Harley.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 11th, 2014 at 6:28:42 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
The market agrees with you.

"I am always right. Except those times when I'm not."

The second movie had a Big Plot Twist(TM), a goal-oriented story beyond "let's keep the terminator from killing you," rather good chemistry between the three main characters, no designated victim, among other things. All that's mostly absent in the following films.

Quote:
If I am not mistaken the decision to shoot two sequences at once started with Back to the Future.

Did you know Back to the Future (the first movie) was remade before it was finished?
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
January 12th, 2015 at 4:26:28 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: Nareed
Did you know Back to the Future (the first movie) was remade before it was finished?

I knew that Eric Stoltz started shooting. That fact was well known at the time.
January 12th, 2015 at 9:51:53 AM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
Saw a trailer for "Ant Man". While the studio may be hyping it, I've got a bad feeling about it. Sort of a, Daredevil meets Honey I Shrunk The Kids" vibe. The trailer even has the main character close with a tagline that amounts to, "Can we change the name?"

Image from DailyMail.com
January 12th, 2015 at 11:52:44 AM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
Marvel's Agent Carter
I don't know if you can watch these in Mexico, but they are 15 minute films. They are essentially trial runs for a concept. In this case they decided to develop it into a TV series which will premier in January on ABC. Agent Carter was the love interest in the Captain America films.

Right now they are free, and they are shown without commercial interruption. They are meant to see what kind of interest there would be on a TV series. But they are selling 21 minute sitcoms for $3, so there is a possibility they could make these short films for sale in the future.

The packaged "Agent Carter" as a limited seven episode series. I watched the two hour premiere last week. It was fun. The story of the continuing adventures of the love interest from the Captain America movies, picks up in late 40's post-war New York, and included lengthy flashbacks from the first Captain America movie. Agent Peggy Carter still works undercover as the only female agent in what would eventually become S.H.I.E.L.D. Despite being relegated to phones and filing, she manages to insert herself in the government's attempt to prosecute Howard Stark for selling his inventions to enemies of the U.S.A.

The second hour was filled with long commercial breaks, so I wouldn't fault anyone for Tivoing it.

photo from airungarky.com
January 12th, 2015 at 12:44:01 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
I knew that Eric Stoltz started shooting. That fact was well known at the time.

I learned about it after watching the movie.

It's not quite a remake. Though they re-shot all the scenes they'd shot til they brought in Michael J. Fox. I wonder how much principal photography that was? the photo above shows Doc Brown sending Einstein one minute into the future. While this happens at the beginning of the movie, who knows when it was shot.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
Page 3 of 3<123