Hey Nareed

Page 2 of 6<12345>Last »
February 1st, 2015 at 7:07:17 AM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: Evenbob
That's the only question anybody really asks.
Even the most altruistic. Even a saint wants
to know whats in it for him.

Absolutely not true, in fact its the opposite.

Quote:
I admit I have zero idea what this means.
What's an 'honest atheist'?

One who realizes that by not believing in God they make themselves into a god. Without God the whole world and universe revolves around you - it is the supreme height of ego worship. Look at your statement above for proof.

It is one thing to think that the supreme being loves you it is another thing all together to think you are the supreme being.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
February 1st, 2015 at 9:47:53 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: FrGamble
One who realizes that by not believing in God they make themselves into a god. Without God the whole world and universe revolves around you - it is the supreme height of ego worship. Look at your statement above for proof.

You know, I don't think I'm God. Who'd want to be God? The mere thought repels me.

I also don't think the universe revolves around me. I don't cheat, I don't steal, I don't kick puppies, I don't even worship my own ego (it does quite well without worship, thank you).

I must be the lousiest excuse for an atheist you've ever met!

Or maybe I'm a "dishonest" atheist.

Or more likely you've no idea what an atheist is.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
February 1st, 2015 at 11:05:15 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146

One who realizes that by not believing in God they make themselves into a god. Without God the whole world and universe revolves around you -.

You're kind of right, but mostly wrong. I'm the
center of the universe, but so are you and my
dog and the tree in the front yard. In an infinite
universe, the center is wherever you pick because
it's equal distance in all directions.

I'm with Nareed, you don't have any idea what an
atheist is. You have a good imagination (you need
one to be a Christian) and have heaped a lot of
your preconceived ideas onto us. We're not nearly
as glamorous as you make us out to be, I'm afraid.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 1st, 2015 at 1:13:45 PM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: Nareed
You know, I don't think I'm God. Who'd want to be God? The mere thought repels me.

me too.

Quote:
I also don't think the universe revolves around me. I don't cheat, I don't steal, I don't kick puppies, I don't even worship my own ego (it does quite well without worship, thank you).

I think its interesting that you point out that you don't cheat, steal, etc. as proof that you don't think the universe revolves around you. It's almost as if you are saying I could do those things if I wanted to but I don't. I appreciate that and it is proof that you are a good person, but that I already knew.

Quote:
I must be the lousiest excuse for an atheist you've ever met!

You are a little more spiritual than most atheists will allow. It really gums up the works of a pure materialist to even allow the hint of a soul to exist.

Quote:
Or maybe I'm a "dishonest" atheist.

There are many points or places that you won't go even though your atheism would allow you to go there. I wouldn't call that "dishonest" but more like "inconsistent" - and for that I am pleased.

Quote:
Or more likely you've no idea what an atheist is.

Without a firm teaching, any evidence, and not being a belief I wonder if anyone knows what an atheist is, including the atheists. It's a little like nailing jello to the wall.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
February 1st, 2015 at 1:47:22 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Without a firm teaching, any evidence, and not being a belief I wonder if anyone knows what an atheist is, including the atheists. It's a little like nailing jello to the wall.

I thought it was a rather simple concept myself. For someone who can get his around the trinity, transubstantiation, heaven, hell, sin and the rest, one would have thought that a complete absence of faith in a higher power would be a snip. There is no teachings, that's the whole point. There is no Bible to interpret, to work out what Judges 19:24 tells about morality.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
February 1st, 2015 at 2:20:14 PM permalink
Evenbob
I wonder if anyone knows what an atheist is.

Lack of something isn't something. It's nothing.
Why do you insist on trying to turn nothing
into something. If I didn't know better, I would
think you're being purposely obtuse.

Atheism;
atheism is the absence of belief in deities.

Period. Nothing more, nothing less. It's absence
of belief. It's not belief.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 1st, 2015 at 2:45:05 PM permalink
FrGamble
I hate to be obtuse, but didn't you recently say that God was so unreal that to you He was a "no-thing"? If that is the case it sounds like you are laying the case for an atheist to believe in God. It is all so strange. Atheism is not a belief, but it has to be something. What would you call it? Just an absence of belief is as you mention, nothing. So then atheism is nothing. This would be a good thing if it was nothing but there are many who feel strongly about this nothing. How can this be?
February 1st, 2015 at 4:21:20 PM permalink
Evenbob
This would be a good thing if it was nothing but there are many who feel strongly about this nothing. How can this be?

Because some atheists are idiots who think
it means going on a jihad against religion.
They just can't tolerate people who see
things differently than they do. Sound familiar?
They wrongly think atheism means hating
religion. It doesn't.
February 1st, 2015 at 7:58:43 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
me too.

I thought the whole central point of your cult is to be "like God." It's hard to keep up.

Quote:
I think its interesting that you point out that you don't cheat, steal, etc. as proof that you don't think the universe revolves around you.

Not what I meant. It was an addition.

Quote:
It's almost as if you are saying I could do those things if I wanted to but I don't.

Anyone could do such things if they wanted to. Most people choose not to for a variety of reasons. me, because there's nothing to be gained by it.

Quote:
I appreciate that and it is proof that you are a good person, but that I already knew.

Thank you.

Quote:
There are many points or places that you won't go even though your atheism would allow you to go there. I wouldn't call that "dishonest" but more like "inconsistent" - and for that I am pleased.

I am perfectly consistent. Religion does not have a monopoly on either philosophy or spirituality. In fact, religious spirituality is focused on many false assumptions, such as the belief in immortality, after-life and such.

Quote:

Then perhaps it's time you stopped staining all atheists with a broad brush.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
February 1st, 2015 at 8:32:33 PM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: Nareed
I thought the whole central point of your cult is to be "like God." It's hard to keep up.

That was in response to you being God ;)

Quote:
Anyone could do such things if they wanted to. Most people choose not to for a variety of reasons. me, because there's nothing to be gained by it.

This continues to scare me. If there was something for you to gain from lying, cheating, or stealing would it then be okay or good?

Quote:
Then perhaps it's time you stopped staining all atheists with a broad brush.

I will continue to attempt to do and I hope the other side stops doing the same thing for all Christians.
Page 2 of 6<12345>Last »