Firearms With Face

Page 43 of 44« First<4041424344>
September 3rd, 2019 at 1:41:48 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 102
This is why you never agree to, or vote for, gun registration. It's nearly useless for any practical purpose except later confiscation.

In NZ, they are trying to confiscate "assault weapons" now but didn't have registration first. Though trying to make it sound like it's going well, they think so far they have only 10% of the guns they want.

https://apnews.com/40ae0a9a0f0b4a7e8db18de1d17b610e
The light at the end of the tunnel can be a freight train coming the other way!..Fleastiff
September 3rd, 2019 at 3:57:46 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 56
Quote: DRich

I also own a pump shotgun and for that I even have shells. Unfortunately, I do not remember where it is. I assume it is in the closet of one of my spare bedrooms, but I have three spare bedrooms and have no idea which one it would be in. The last time I saw that gun was when I moved into this house about 5 years ago.
Invite someone with young kids to visit you; they will find it in no time.
September 12th, 2019 at 5:01:09 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 21
Start at 14:21

Did I mention that the very same magazines are interchangeable with the rifle version of this firearm? https://youtu.be/LvcQpCUMOd4

Neither of these firearms purpose is for hunting, or self defense. They are just for shooting at targets. But at that, once a person learns to load them properly, everyone that likes firearms, seems really impressed. They are just plain fun to shoot, with next to zero recoil. The mags hold so many rounds that I load them at my desk, before going out to shoot.

A potential problem I may have is, it's fun enough, and the recoil is so light , when the temperature drops a little more I am looking forward to taking my wife out and shooting some magazines. But this thing just eats ammo really fast.

I think I mentioned that I broke my first PMR30 on the first day I had it? It took the factory almost 5 months to send me a replacement.

It is apparently really important to find the ammo that the gun likes best. As I have had the best results with the CCI 22WMR MAXI-MAG HP+V rounds, I have stuck with them. What's got me wondering is, the 40g MAXI-MAG HP+V jacketed, 2200fps and 1875fps respectively, are actually cheaper, whatever the reason. It's been to hot to go outside shooting until now. I picked up some of the 40 g, and am looking forward to trying them out.

I'm getting ready to buy a big brick of ammo and hope the 40's run as well? At the burn rate, it would make a difference.

But now Keltec has come out with a new 22 LR pistol, that just looks like a lot of fun also, and is much cheaper to feed. https://youtu.be/GOP7pxFZUHo
The magazine holds 33 rounds but it seems 50 round mags are available and even a 66 round. All of the mags stack 4 bullets wide in the clip. I wonder how reliable that will be?
Everyone gets thrown from the plane to maintain altitude
September 13th, 2019 at 7:15:21 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 23
Quote: petroglyph

But now Keltec has come out with a new 22 LR pistol, that just looks like a lot of fun also, and is much cheaper to feed. https://youtu.be/GOP7pxFZUHo
The magazine holds 33 rounds but it seems 50 round mags are available and even a 66 round. All of the mags stack 4 bullets wide in the clip. I wonder how reliable that will be?

I bought my pistol in 1990. I doubt that I have put 30 rounds through it in 29 years.
September 13th, 2019 at 11:02:35 AM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: DRich
I bought my pistol in 1990. I doubt that I have put 30 rounds through it in 29 years.
Some guns just aren't fun to shoot. I had a .338 magnum up north that even after being magna-ported still about tore the shoulder off. And those bullets are close to 5 bucks each. Nothing fun about it, but necessary in bear country.

Whenever I visit up there, my friend loans me his .44 magnum pistol. No one wants to pull the trigger, it's just loud and the kick is unpleasant.

But take the firearm I posted above, it has next to zero recoil. It holds enough rounds where you can load the magazines at home before you head out. Right now I have 3-30 round mags for the PMR , so that's 75-90 shots. That isn't a whole lot of plinking, but enough to get a taste of knocking down cans. Now I'm saving up water bottles, I'm going to fill them and shoot them next time out.

I've shown bits of video to my wife and she is interested enough to come out with me and fire some off. I would like her comfortable with a pistol enough to use it if necessary.

I have a friend up the street who brags of having 29 pistols in his safe, 14 of which he has never fired. His ultimate plan, because he has small hands, is to find a gun that fits all of his criteria.

What kind of firearm do you have, if I may ask?
September 13th, 2019 at 12:09:32 PM permalink
Face
Administrator
Threads: 61
Some guns just aren't fun to shoot.

FAKE! NEWS! ;)

I'd suggest he get to a gunnery and start checking out grips. It ain't the 80's anymore, friend. As much as I eschew add-ons, grips are one of those things that deserve nearly as much attention as you give the frame itself, certainly more than any scope, trigger, or barrel upgrades. Shooting my .44 is my absolute favorite and is, by leaps and bounds, THE most comfortable gun I've ever shot in my life. I would rather send a full brick downrange one handed than load my 10rd - 10mm mag one time. Like an '88 Cutlass Supreme it is. Soft as melted butter.

Oh, and if you think a .500 will change my mind, I will gladly take receipt of one for, uh, "testing" =)
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
September 13th, 2019 at 12:41:01 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 137
somewhat gun related

Nobody learned anything from the global financial crisis.
September 13th, 2019 at 12:55:36 PM permalink
petroglyph
Has multiple championships for Army .45 acp. But I agree, it isn't the 80's.

"for all the time and effort spent trying to re-invent the wheel, round still works best" : ) petro
September 13th, 2019 at 1:12:38 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 23
My daughter shoots in Fast Draw competitions. Twice she has come in 4th place in the world ladies competition. Many years ago she won the junior competition. She shoots a 45 caliber with 7 inch barrel. Her best time is around four tenths of a second.
September 13th, 2019 at 1:22:22 PM permalink
Face
Administrator
Threads: 61

"for all the time and effort spent trying to re-invent the wheel, round still works best" : ) petro

Hey, man, I'm right there with ya. But as spartan as I like my stuff and as much as I hate tacticool add ons, I'm sold on grips. It's THE interface between man and machine, it'd be like having a Spec Miata with a lawn chair behind the wheel, ya know? No matter the capabilities, a s#$% setup is gonna equate to s#$% results.

Just try a fitted gun. Or actually, maybe don't. Second Truth and all that. You might well never go back to stock.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
Page 43 of 44« First<4041424344>