Firearms With Face

Page 45 of 46« First<4243444546>
October 7th, 2019 at 2:02:59 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 24
My argument is to get rid of cars. More people are killed in car accidents.
October 7th, 2019 at 2:46:43 PM permalink
Face
Administrator
Threads: 61
Quote: petroglyph
The point of my post which I think you understood was, taking AR's away from folks won't even put a dent on murders, but pols need to have an answer to the panic of the herd and "do something, even if it's wrong".

Nobody seems to want to address where the majority of killings are happening, or with what weapon. So until we all want to have an open and honest discussion about the facts, sillyness will prevail.

Let's, then.

I will admit I can't understand terp's mind, at least not yet. I have my hunches, but that's all they are. One of those is that of education v ignorance. I wonder if the media fell to showing all the knife attacks, like that one where some random crazy bitch just up and stabbed a 5yr old in the face walking down the street with his parents, whether that'd start a call in that direction. It seems every time something happens, one of my side will throw up some knife attack that got 20 people. That knife attack is a blurb that's gone after 24hr with no pics or video. Gun? A month straight, repeating live video coverage of people dying in 1080p. That certainly has a non-zero effect on this.

I mean, how many Juicy Smollett's have there been? Ram it on the news for a month straight and *gasp* there was a copy cat? Who could've ever seen that coming?

The insane, overwhelming number of firearms are never used in a crime. 10,000 murders out of nearly 200,000,000 guns.
A vast majority of the firearms used in crime are handguns, something like 70%+
A vast majority of the firearms used in crime are small caliber, with the .22 being by far the most used.
Rifles have always been and still remain, for the entirety of their existence going back to the 1800's, the least likely firearm to be used in crime.

But where's the focus? Rifles, large caliber rounds, hollow points, armor piercing rounds, capacity restrictions, cosmetic decorations, and personal armor.

C'mon, terp. I promised and still promise I won't be a condescending a$$hole about this. I can see why you'd be scared. Firearm violence is terrifying. I cannot see how you think the things you promote will help in any way.

Occam's Razor, my friend. There's exactly one reason .gov wants to take these things from you. It's because they plan on doing something to you that would cause you to use them.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
October 7th, 2019 at 3:00:04 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 137
I tend take knife attacks as targeted killing. Which is better than shooting 3 or 4 extra people. You generally need to attack weak and slow or unaware people if you're out of shape with a knife. You don't even need to do a push-up to kill with a gun.
Nobody learned anything from the global financial crisis.
October 7th, 2019 at 3:17:37 PM permalink
Face
Administrator
Threads: 61
Quote: rxwine
I tend take knife attacks as targeted killing. Which is better than shooting 3 or 4 extra people.

No doubt and no argument.

The problem is what to do about it. Your side says "ban them". Today, we needn't argue anymore. A great number of your desired bans went into effect. And please just look at it. Bump stock ban and recall? Out of literal millions known to exist in public hands, 528 have been turned in. "Assault weapon" ban here in NY? 2-3mm known to exist. 2,400 have been registered. I've been saying it 10yrs now - no one will comply, nothing will change. And no one did, and nothing has.

Guns, drugs, Donald Trump. Everyone wants to attack the result. You need to address the source.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
October 7th, 2019 at 3:24:33 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: Face

The problem is what to do about it. Your side says "ban them". Today, we needn't argue anymore. A great number of your desired bans went into effect. And please just look at it. Bump stock ban and recall? Out of literal millions known to exist in public hands, 528 have been turned in. "Assault weapon" ban here in NY? 2-3mm known to exist. 2,400 have been registered. I've been saying it 10yrs now - no one will comply, nothing will change. And no one did, and nothing has.

Guns, drugs, Donald Trump. Everyone wants to attack the result. You need to address the source.

I support the Israeli position on guns. (at least last I checked) It doesn't agree with our 2nd amendment however. Not every Will, Joe and Mary can have a gun. Training is mandatory, and it is designed to stop or kill the odd perpetrator (like a terrorist on the street or anywhere)
October 7th, 2019 at 4:04:16 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 21
Quote: Face

I suspect the gun laws are similar to the weed laws. The authority's have always known that a spliff didn't make people get on heroin, but they perpetuated the lie.

You say some of your 5-0 friends are all 2a and such. Some are, granted. But I do believe if it came down to supporting my 2a or them being able to support their kids, I'm going to lose almost every time.

Although the ptb know taking away my lil 22 pistol won't make the streets safer, they would be willing to take away my sks, it's black you know. It's about control, always has been. But that won't make the 5 o'clock, and peasants might get all uppity and they'd prefer 'em watching NFL and beer commercials, **** yeah.
Everyone gets thrown from the plane to maintain altitude
October 7th, 2019 at 4:13:06 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 4
Quote: rxwine
I support the Israeli position on guns. (at least last I checked) It doesn't agree with our 2nd amendment however. Not every Will, Joe and Mary can have a gun. Training is mandatory, and it is designed to stop or kill the odd perpetrator (like a terrorist on the street or anywhere)

Well, there is also compulsory military service for everyone (of both genders), which is why they have the training. And, I imagine you and most do not support mandatory military service for both genders.
October 7th, 2019 at 5:06:47 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: Gandler
Well, there is also compulsory military service for everyone (of both genders), which is why they have the training. And, I imagine you and most do not support mandatory military service for both genders.

Can't say I read of the military position in relation to their private gun ownership. As far as I know this is only private citizen gun ownership law. Not every Israeli private citizen can get one, and the ones that do are well-regulated.
October 7th, 2019 at 5:10:28 PM permalink
rxwine
I might be in favor of compulsory military service if there was an actual need for it. I'm not really for change for the sake of change though.
October 7th, 2019 at 6:17:23 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
I'd be happy with more knife deaths and fewer rifle deaths.

It isn't about raw numbers, it is about how you can defend yourself, and who the victims are.

I could go into nearly countless examples of how I'd prefer a crazed lunatic with a knife in a situation over a crazed lunatic with a rifle.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Page 45 of 46« First<4243444546>