Racin' With Face

Page 77 of 79« First<747576777879>
October 9th, 2017 at 1:36:57 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 116
You lost your job at the PO?
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 9th, 2017 at 1:53:31 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 127
Quote: Face
If not...well... any you old timers need a kidney?

I took a front tooth out yesterday almost down to the gum line biting into an organic carrot. Godd**n health food!

But from what I know, you aint much of a repository for good replacement teeth.

(btw, I swallowed the tooth, thought it was just a rock in the carrot)
No one has ever proven I am not God.
October 9th, 2017 at 1:54:10 PM permalink
Face
Administrator
Threads: 61
No, the complete lack of anything resembling management or control makes any plans that don't involve the PO an impossibility to manage. As such, the substitute carrier I've been owed and promised still has not come into being, which means I get no days off, which means I missed my seminar for reffing. As the seminar is a requirement, I've now lost that opportunity. You know, the opportunity to do a job I absolutely love, have a passion for, and get paid $40/hr to do? All gone. Thanks, USPS!

"Lost my job" lol. You can't get fired from the PO. No matter how hard you try.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
October 9th, 2017 at 1:56:55 PM permalink
Face
Administrator
Quote: rxwine

But from what I know, you aint much of a repository for good replacement teeth.

Dude, porcelain and titanium in like new / barely used condition! I got everything you need as long as you don't need analgesics =)
October 9th, 2017 at 1:57:34 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 116
Quote: Face
"Lost my job" lol. You can't get fired from the PO. No matter how hard you try.

Drinking while working, workplace violence,
calling in sick 3 times a week. You aren't
trying hard enough.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 9th, 2017 at 2:17:07 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 85
It's not a tad bit curious that the guy giving you advice just happens to have a rolling frame that fits your "needs"?
October 9th, 2017 at 2:51:29 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 18
FFS, it's New York. Make him an offer he can't refuse.
Everyone gets thrown from the plane to maintain altitude
October 17th, 2017 at 10:31:10 PM permalink
rxwine
Might as well invite people to watch bullet races.

Here's some racing you can probably afford Face. (I say that, knowing that even these tiny sports can get a lot more expensive once it becomes highly competitive)

November 21st, 2017 at 3:22:56 PM permalink
Face
Administrator
So I've had a few calls, but it seems everyone wants a car that's a little more finished. No jacking bolts has caused 5+ guys to quit pursuing. Ah well. And since there always has to be a screw job involved, I did get one guy to my door. Was a fellow racer wanting a toy to play with when his Late Models weren't running. All was well until he wanted to hear it. Would you know that's when the starter went? All summer of driving it in and out of the way all over the drive and yard, and the one time I super need it to fire, nah, can't pull it off. Lol.

So it's mine now. I reckon I need a good $6k in the next 5 months to hit the track, and though that is a laughable goal short of my working the corner, I've been carrying on. I got the $2k needed to get the chassis there, so that's what's been doin. First step - frame shop. Time to disassemble.

The front clip and engine/trans need come out so the frame can be measured and straightened if needed. And I... don't know how to do that. Or at least I didn't. It ended up being about the simplest thing in the world.

It was all straight forward and not near the madness of an ECU controlled car. There's just nothing to it, almost no wires at all. Power to the starter, to the diz, a few for tach and few other gauges, and done. 5 total? 6? "Unplugging" the car took about as long as removing the battery. Off to a good start. The rest was just absurd.

There were the obvious lines. Fuel line to the carb, coolant to the rad, pump for power steering. There were the obvious cables. Line to the tach, cable to the throttle. There was the shift linkage which came apart with the removal of a simple cotter pin. And once that was done, and the exhaust removed to allow clearance, there were but 3 big bolts holding the whole thing in.

It's free. Came apart about as easy as you'd like. All I gotta do now is pull it.

I've no room to literally pull it, and I don't see a way to hook this up so the tranny doesn't smash as there's nothing to hold it level. So since there is only the anti-roll bar as an obstacle, I think I will pick the engine up, jack the tranny up, and just roll the whole car out from under it. Readjust the jack when I get to the anti-roll, jack it from the free side, and roll it right the hell out. I dunno. It works in my head.

I think I'll find out tomorrow.
November 21st, 2017 at 3:29:38 PM permalink
rxwine
Keep your cell phone nearby. Not sure what you're doing, but sounds like something where something might fall on you.
Page 77 of 79« First<747576777879>