I think I am getting old

September 17th, 2023 at 10:37:46 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 53
I think I am getting old. For the first time in my life I have found myself complaining about prices of things. I have never really done that before.

This morning a made a reservation to have my two dogs boarded for three nights while we are out of town. $400!! I start doing the math and realize I can get them a room at the Embassy Suites for the same price and that includes breakfast and a free evening happy hour.

Secondly, I am craving pudding now. Getting old stinks.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
September 17th, 2023 at 11:51:31 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 190
You need to find a trustworthy kid in your neighborhood. Probably be 90% cheaper.

Get older or die. Pretty much the only choices.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 17th, 2023 at 1:34:56 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: rxwine
You need to find a trustworthy kid in your neighborhood. Probably be 90% cheaper.

Get older or die. Pretty much the only choices.

You don't have to make a choice. Most people get to do both.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
September 17th, 2023 at 5:05:09 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 105
Ah, but with age comes wisdom.

Or is it rheumatism?
September 17th, 2023 at 5:29:17 PM permalink
Riverjordan
Threads: 23
Quote: DRich
I think I am getting old. For the first time in my life I have found myself complaining about prices of things. I have never really done that before.

This morning a made a reservation to have my two dogs boarded for three nights while we are out of town. $400!! I start doing the math and realize I can get them a room at the Embassy Suites for the same price and that includes breakfast and a free evening happy hour.

Secondly, I am craving pudding now. Getting old stinks.

Yeah, but the dogs can't enjoy the breakfast and the free evening happy hour. 😉
Alec Baldwin's gun should have been CGI. Would have prevented the tragedy. Facts.
September 17th, 2023 at 5:51:45 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 105
Speaking of getting old and pets ...

Gee, if someone happens to live alone and have a lot of cats...if they die at home they can rest assured that the kitties will not starve for a week or two.
September 18th, 2023 at 12:17:13 AM permalink
1nickelmiracle
Threads: 24
If attractive cougars do not still exist, you are old and running out of options.
September 18th, 2023 at 4:44:31 AM permalink
Riverjordan
Threads: 23
Quote: missedhervee

Gee, if someone happens to live alone and have a lot of cats...if they die at home they can rest assured that the kitties will not starve for a week or two.

That's morbid and disturbing....😱🥶😳🤮🤢😬🧐🤨
Alec Baldwin's gun should have been CGI. Would have prevented the tragedy. Facts.
September 18th, 2023 at 4:53:20 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: missedhervee

that has happened to people who have had exotic large lizard type pets ... to *someone* anyway that I saw a program on. He got bit deep into his flesh and tried over the counter medications to treat it ... died ... and I won't go on
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
September 18th, 2023 at 5:59:09 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 53
Quote: odiousgambit
that has happened to people who have had exotic large lizard type pets ... to *someone* anyway that I saw a program on. He got bit deep into his flesh and tried over the counter medications to treat it ... died ... and I won't go on

My wifes uncle lived in rural Idaho in a cabin that was only accessible in the summer. He passed away in the cabin in the winter. In the summer they found him and his dog dead and estimated the time of death aboutthree months earlier for her uncle. They believe the dog lived much longer off of the uncles body.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.