Climate Change -- conspiracy theory or is it time we all drive a Prius?

September 16th, 2023 at 5:50:22 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: AZDuffman
Windows are going to stop the rising sea level?

Even when windows can prevent water from coming in, they can't prevent it from coming up. Enough water will turn your property and the floor beneath you, into a marsh.

When Super Storm Sandy struck, a guy I knew was looking through his basement patio doors, seeing no flooding and thinking to himself 'I can handle this'. Then he noticed the rug he was standing on was soggy. The water was coming in to his house, not through windows, or backed up sewer pipes, but from the ground beneath his feet. No water ever came in from the outside, but he ended up with three-feet of water that came up from the ground.
September 16th, 2023 at 6:14:26 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 31
Quote: GenoDRPh
Or it could be they like beachfront property. Living in a coastal community in a coastal state, I cab relate.

I want you folks to buy electric and hybrid cars while I drive a gas-guzzling Corvette.

You need to save the Earth.

This is worse than nuclear war.

I will check on your progress from my home in Delaware while on vacation.
September 16th, 2023 at 6:22:48 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 53
Quote: Tanko
Even when windows can prevent water from coming in, they can't prevent it from coming up. Enough water will turn your property and the floor beneath you, into a marsh.

When Super Storm Sandy struck, a guy I knew was looking through his basement patio doors, seeing no flooding and thinking to himself 'I can handle this'. Then he noticed the rug he was standing on was soggy. The water was coming in to his house, not through windows, or backed up sewer pipes, but from the ground beneath his feet. No water ever came in from the outside, but he ended up with three-feet of water that came up from the ground.

Why is everyone so scared of water? More life exists in our oceans than on the surface.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
September 16th, 2023 at 6:42:00 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 190
Quote: Tanko

I believe you. But I doubt his place was actually constructed to be flooding resistant. If it was, he should sue.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 16th, 2023 at 6:46:13 AM permalink
rxwine
I wouldn't want that guy from Titan making me a sub either. But nothing will survive every scenario either.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 16th, 2023 at 8:34:46 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
You mean like your anti-vaccine, paper mask wearing is the first step to ultimate tyranny, and safe beer positions, and the fall of civilization in 40 years, and downfall of society from abortions, and preferring criminal loons as your president, and your bitcoin will be at 100,000 any time now investments, and scary gender people?

How's your tin foil hat?

What on earth are you on?
The President is a fink.
September 16th, 2023 at 8:52:26 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: AZDuffman
What on earth are you on?

Well, I'm not smoking those Limbaugh cigars, that's for sure.
September 16th, 2023 at 9:21:57 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Did some 'moron' claim windows would keep your home from flooding?
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
September 16th, 2023 at 9:50:44 AM permalink
rxwine
You can even get ones that stop bullets if you're so inclined. Custom installations are easy if you have money to burn.
September 24th, 2023 at 3:11:41 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 31
The first reference is Gore addressing the WEF.

The second is Clauser and 1600 scientists negating Gore and the WEF.

--------------------------

Climate Change Alarmist Al Gore Declares War on Fossil Fuel Industry

23 Sep 2023
It is now clear that the fossil fuel companies were not “sincere in saying that they wanted to be a meaningful part of bringing solutions to this crisis,” Gore said. “Fossil fuel industry speaks with forked tongue.”

According to the former vice president, the fossil fuel industry has been engaging in “massive fraud” for decades and is now trying to infiltrate the political process at every level, including the U.N.’s annual climate summit.

It is helpful to recall that in 2006, Gore declared that unless drastic measures were implemented, the planet would hit an irreversible “point of no return” by 2016. That year has come and gone with no catastrophic results, despite the employment of no “drastic measures.”

Then in 2008, a video of the opening of a German museum showed Gore saying that “the entire North polar ice cap may well be completely gone in five years,” a prediction that proved spectacularly false.

This past January, Mr. Gore made the remarkable assertion that greenhouse gas pollution was “boiling the oceans,” causing “rain bombs,” and setting the stage for “a billion” climate refugees, during an address at a World Economic Forum (WEF) event in Davos, Switzerland.
https://www.breitbart.com/environment/2023/09/23/climate-change-alarmist-al-gore-declares-war-fossil-fuel-industry/

---------------------------

Nobel Prize Winning Physicist: Climate Alarmism Based on ‘Pseudoscience’

16 Aug 2023
This week Dr. Clauser signed the “World Climate Declaration,” joining over 1600 other scientists in denying the existence of a so-called “climate emergency.”

Among other things, the Declaration asserts that climate models have proven inadequate for predicting global warming, that carbon dioxide (CO2) is not a pollutant, and that climate change has not increased natural disasters.

“The geological archive reveals that Earth’s climate has varied as long as the planet has existed, with natural cold and warm phases,” the Declaration notes. “The Little Ice Age ended as recently as 1850. Therefore, it is no surprise that we now are experiencing a period of warming.”

Moreover, the world has warmed “significantly less than predicted by IPCC on the basis of modeled anthropogenic forcing,” the text states, and the gap between the real world and the modeled world “tells us that we are far from understanding climate change.”
https://www.breitbart.com/environment/2023/08/16/nobel-prize-winning-physicist-climate-alarmism-based-on-pseudoscience/

------------------------------