Burn Gorman

Page 1 of 3123>
December 19th, 2014 at 5:33:55 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068

I've seen this actor Burn Gorman in a number of shows. He is always described as the child of British parents, born in California but grew up in Britain. He has an unusually ethnic look about him, that I can't describe. Could it be island Pacific? Or am I just imagining things.
December 19th, 2014 at 5:50:58 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I'm 1/2 Asian 1/2 Irish.
With an unusual ethnic look myself.
I've had quite a few people aproach me speaking spanish during my life.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 19th, 2014 at 5:56:11 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Thought the title was "Born German". Bah.

His mouth is quite askew. Not even close to the middle of his face.

He reminds me of someone. Can't name him, but can picture him. Thin. Proper. Kind of creepy in a way. Thin pencil mustache. Slicked back black hair. This is gonna drive me nuts.

He also looks a bit like Helena Bonham Carter.

Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
December 19th, 2014 at 5:58:01 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
With blond hair he would make a good Nazi.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 20th, 2014 at 12:12:27 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Quote: Evenbob
With blond hair he would make a good Nazi.

He played an SS officer named "Colonel Skorzeny" in 2013 "Walking with the Enemy", so someone must have agreed with you.

For some reason, when I first saw him in Torchwood, he seemed slightly Asian to me, but I am not sure why.

December 20th, 2014 at 12:49:13 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
He has the east German look, lean and
mean.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 20th, 2014 at 6:07:00 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: Pacomartin
an SS officer named "Colonel Skorzeny"

quite a famous guy in some circles, "The Most Dangerous Man in Europe"

for example he rescued Mussolini after he was arrested by the Italians and held on a mountaintop ... Il Duce found himself diving off the mountain in a tiny plane that plunged straight down in order to first reach flying speed ... we don't know but I would imagine he had to change his pants

maybe I'll contribute to the wikipedia Skorzeny article, these details are incomplete there

he didnt always drink beer, but when he did, well, actually I imagine he always drank beer!
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
December 20th, 2014 at 8:03:06 AM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
Heh heh, When I read the title, I thought you were talking about Bishop Gorman high school. Their football team was in the news recently as calls for them to stop competing against local public school teams have been put forward. It's not easy being the number one team in the country.
December 20th, 2014 at 8:13:02 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: odiousgambit

for example he rescued Mussolini after he was arrested by the Italians and held on a mountaintop ... Il Duce found himself diving off the mountain in a tiny plane that plunged straight down in order to first reach flying speed ... we don't know but I would imagine he had to change his pants

My understanding is he was just an observer during the Mussolini rescue but was able to grab all the glory undeserved.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 20th, 2014 at 9:31:00 AM permalink
Pacomartin

Always was fond of Eve Myles (from that series Torchwood). She looks Welsh.

Naoki Mori (also from Torchwood) has a massive crush on Burn Gorman's character.
Interesting thing about this actress is that her parents were moving from London back to Tokyo when she was age 12, and she chose to stay. Her father gave her a bank account and told her to find an apartment. It is impressive, but it almost borders on abandonment.
Page 1 of 3123>