Sci Fi Women

Page 3 of 5<12345>
November 15th, 2012 at 6:46:55 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 345
Quote: AcesAndEights
You forgot the tertiary.

I'm not Trekkie enough to remember her whole Borg name.

Now let's see about you. Her whole human name is?
Donald Trump is a fucking liar
November 15th, 2012 at 10:34:14 AM permalink
AcesAndEights
Threads: 5
Quote: Nareed
You forgot the tertiary.

I'm not Trekkie enough to remember her whole Borg name.

Now let's see about you. Her whole human name is?

The sad truth is that I stopped watching Voyager around season 4, explicitly because of Seven of Nine. I was offended at the use of blatant sex appeal to boost their otherwise sagging ratings, although I think it worked - they made it the full 7 seasons. I was pretty young around this time, and I'm surprised that my hormones didn't kick in and override the logical part of my brain. Actually I remember looking at plenty of pictures of Jeri Ryan on the internet, so I guess the hormones were doing their job :).

The preceding paragraph was kind of stalling, as I'm blanking on her last name. I know her first name was Ana or Anna...can't for the life of me remember her last name or her parents'. Their ship had something to do with a raven though...
"You think I'm joking." -EvenBob
November 15th, 2012 at 10:49:32 AM permalink
AcesAndEights
I know her first name was Ana or Anna...

Dang, didn't even get that one right! Close though.
November 15th, 2012 at 10:52:40 AM permalink
Nareed
The preceding paragraph was kind of stalling, as I'm blanking on her last name. I know her first name was Ana or Anna...can't for the life of me remember her last name or her parents'. Their ship had something to do with a raven though...

Annika.

I don't recall her last name, or much about her parents. But taking your daughter along on an expedition to study the Borg should qualify as child abuse.

I'm not a fan of Voyager, but most series can't help to have a few good episodes. So I kept watching it. I was more upset at how often they missed the boat, than about the technobabble to justify dressing Jeri Ryan in a skintight outfit and heels.
November 15th, 2012 at 11:40:36 AM permalink
AcesAndEights
Quote: Nareed
Annika.

I don't recall her last name, or much about her parents. But taking your daughter along on an expedition to study the Borg should qualify as child abuse.

I'm not a fan of Voyager, but most series can't help to have a few good episodes. So I kept watching it. I was more upset at how often they missed the boat, than about the technobabble to justify dressing Jeri Ryan in a skintight outfit and heels.

Yeah, I feel like the quality episode ratio was pretty low on Voyager, compared to DS9 or TNG (which were both excellent start-to-finish IMO). That also had a part in my decision, to be honest.
November 15th, 2012 at 12:26:17 PM permalink
Nareed
Yeah, I feel like the quality episode ratio was pretty low on Voyager, compared to DS9 or TNG (which were both excellent start-to-finish IMO). That also had a part in my decision, to be honest.

Oh, absolutely. The show's premise was flawed, too, which helped keep the quality low. I could go on about it, but I won't. I'll just say they took their time finding the Borg, and then spoiled the notion of the Borg as a major threat. Hint: a villain that destroys a big chunk of Starfleet cannot be a regular opponent for a single starship with limited resources.

But there were a few good eps, like the first Borg episodes, "The Year of Hell," and the Flash Gordon rip-off inside the holodeck with the "photonic" lifeforms. The whole idea for that one was ridiculous, of course, but you have to love a B&W spoof of bad pulp-heavy B movies of the past. Besides, in that one Seven amkes a joke and even chuckles: "Think of it as Starfleet's first contact with Planet X." :)
November 15th, 2012 at 5:28:25 PM permalink
Mosca
Threads: 20

Most of my memories of sci fi women are about those I saw in the Chiller Theater features, 11:30 Saturday night.

Barbara Rush, in It Came From Outer Space
November 15th, 2012 at 6:12:15 PM permalink
s2dbaker
Threads: 13
There's always Susan Sarandon
November 15th, 2012 at 8:23:54 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 132
Er, ...I was imaging the science fiction story where I discover this "Lucky You" Horseshoe tattoo on Scarlet Johansson. (yeah, that's how this fits here)

Nobody learned anything from the global financial crisis.
November 16th, 2012 at 10:36:09 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 850
Quote: Mosca

Barbara Rush, in It Came From Outer Space

Barbara Rush is still alive (in her 80's), and her daughter is very attractive Fox News Correspondent.
Page 3 of 5<12345>