Annoying French Videos

Page 1 of 212>
December 27th, 2014 at 7:40:40 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
It seems that the French like to make videos where the guy is so handsome that he can completely ignore beautiful women trying to get his attention.

I'm not sure if their is an English equivalent. Sometimes rappers seem oblivious to the girls
December 27th, 2014 at 11:26:37 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
I've met several Frenchmen, they've all shaken hands alot, loved wine and been endowed with bottle opening skills beyond belief, all been rather closemouthed about their jobs, preferring to use the French idiom for "I manage my affairs" and none of them have ever had the slightest concern for a woman's marital status.
December 27th, 2014 at 11:56:24 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
It's just macho crap. Feigning no interest
makes women want you more, if you're
a good looking guy. If you aren't, nothing
will help you. They say men are the aggressive
ones, always chasing. I've known a couple
of really good looking men and they say it's
women who are the aggressive ones. The
handsome men get hit on non stop, by women
of all ages.

I heard Aston Kutcher say that he was always
turning women away before he married Demi.
But the ones he really wanted, the spectacular
ones, always shunned him. As soon as he got
married, though, they all wanted him. He said
women who would never speak to him before
were now all over him. Women are devils, truly.
Their selfishness and arrogance knows no bounds.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 27th, 2014 at 3:30:39 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Quote: Fleastiff
... and none of them have ever had the slightest concern for a woman's marital status.

If you play the two videos I posted, in the one the guy is singing while women throw themselves at him. In the second one it is the girl singing, and she seems to catch the guy in the end, although he just shows up at the door with a flower and still doesn't seem to even see her. But she has a smug smile on her face.

It seems to imply that the behavior is supported by both sexes.

The Game makes the point loud and clear that women are attracted to men who ignore them. Of course, that does assume you are handsome.

Can anyone find an English language equivalent video?
December 27th, 2014 at 3:54:00 PM permalink
Evenbob
Good looking people live in a different
world than we do. Most of humanity
is average to unattractive. That's why
there are movie stars. I had a really
attractive GF when I was young, way
out of my wheelhouse. It's not worth it,
guys hit on her all the time and she
was very vain. I was always worried about
her cheating and was relieved when we
broke it off. It's not worth the hassle.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 27th, 2014 at 4:49:37 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Quote: Evenbob
Good looking people live in a different world than we do.

Hence the word "annoying" in the title of this thread.

Quote: Evenbob
I had a really attractive GF when I was young, way out of my wheelhouse. It's not worth it,

Bill Cosby has this routine about seeking out the ugly girls in high school, "because the ugly onnnnnnnnnnes..... were always the nice onnnnnnnnnnnnnes!" The other guys would strike out with the pretty girls, while Cosby was having his good time. The other guys would then go ask, "Where's the ugly girl? She still available?" But they lost out.
December 28th, 2014 at 6:52:36 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: Pacomartin
Bill Cosby has this routine ...

Sometimes we're watching an old show and somebody quotes Cosby on something like this. He hit the nail on the head quite often. Also, it reminds me how he was practically worshiped.

So it strikes me now when someone like yourself here quotes Cosby now, that you must know you raise eyebrows especially considering the topic of the quote! Are you testing us?*

Will it be true one day that the general public will finally think of Cosby as we used to, or is he doomed now to ignominy?
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
December 28th, 2014 at 7:12:10 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Quote: odiousgambit
So it strikes me now when someone like yourself here quotes Cosby now, that you must know you raise eyebrows especially considering the topic of the quote! Are you testing us?*

Yes, I am.

But really testing you would be to post this 1969 routine from one of his albums. You will note how hard the audience is laughing.

It should be pointed out that "Spanish Fly" is an aphrodisiac and not a "date rape" drug.
December 28th, 2014 at 9:03:08 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Will it be true one day that the general public will finally think of Cosby as we used to, or is he doomed now to ignominy?

Something in between probably.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 28th, 2014 at 11:20:40 AM permalink
Evenbob

He'll be in his 80's soon and who will
care. He's not even funny anymore,
he made his money before the shite
hit the fan blades.
Page 1 of 212>