Satisfied

January 11th, 2015 at 1:29:04 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
The Cowboys and Ravens are out. That's good enough for me.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
January 11th, 2015 at 2:56:33 PM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Quote: Nareed
The Cowboys and Ravens are out. That's good enough for me.

Cowgirls out - yes!!!

I want the Pats out next
January 11th, 2015 at 5:57:10 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote:

I want the Pats out next to fly AirAsia

Fixed ;)

Edit: Too soon?
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
January 12th, 2015 at 12:55:06 PM permalink
Nareed
Unfortunately the broncos are out.

Given he's on a different team with a different system, coach and players, I'm beginning to wonder whether Peyton's lack of Super Bowl rings is because he doesn't play all that well post season. Just a thought, as I missed most of the game (busy cooking for the week).
January 12th, 2015 at 3:42:09 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: Nareed
Unfortunately the broncos are out.

Given he's on a different team with a different system, coach and players, I'm beginning to wonder whether Peyton's lack of Super Bowl rings is because he doesn't play all that well post season. Just a thought, as I missed most of the game (busy cooking for the week).

Peyton is old and beat up, he played with a torn pectoral muscle. I will probably be surprised when he plays next year, but while he has vision that is second to none, his body can't keep up much longer, and I think we are seeing that now.

Winning a ring is HARD. It's luck, opportunity and skill.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
January 13th, 2015 at 6:38:51 AM permalink
Nareed
Quote: TheCesspit
Peyton is old and beat up, he played with a torn pectoral muscle.

I get that. and there must be effects form that whole season he missed, too.

Quote:
I will probably be surprised when he plays next year,

I'm 99% sure he wants to play at least another year. the big question is whether the broncos will think that's a good idea.

Quote:
Winning a ring is HARD. It's luck, opportunity and skill.

True. yet Manning in his prime was second to none, and he had a good team with a first rate offense. He wasn't John Elway in the 80s carrying a team by himself. So I wonder.

Some players and coaches are great, but can't quite make it in the playoffs or the Super Bowl. Marv Levy, Gene Kelly, Dan Marino. Marty Schotenheimer(sp?), Jim Mora, Tony Romo, etc.
January 13th, 2015 at 1:43:31 PM permalink
Nareed
BTW, in the NFL Network show "Top 10," they will often rate QBs lower when they never won a Super Bowl.

Is this how most people view quarterbacks?

Consider the Mannings. Eli has won 2 Super Bowls. Peyton has one. Yet I'm willing to wager in a nay poll you'll find most people prefer Peyton over Eli. Hell, many people I tell this simple stat to are surprised Eli's won any rings, let alone more than his older brother. To be sure Peyton ahs the more impressive stats overall, except for rings on his fingers.