female teachers + male students

January 12th, 2015 at 3:25:32 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
It keeps happening over & over: another story in the news about a female high school teacher having an inappropriate relationship with an underage boy. For example, Debra Lafave. And Kalee Warnick. Or Rachelle Gendron. Don't forget Shelley Dufresne or Rachel Respass or Amber Jennings. And Brianne Altice. (Yes, some of them are beautiful, but that's not my point.)

Here's my question: is this a new phenomenon? As I recall, female teachers weren't like this in the old days. When I was a kid, (1980s) the predatory teachers were always men. Women just didn't do this sort of thing 20 or 30 or 40 years ago.

Is my memory mistaken?
January 12th, 2015 at 3:58:08 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: reno

Here's my question: is this a new phenomenon? As I recall, female teachers weren't like this in the old days. When I was a kid, (1980s) the predatory teachers were always men. Women just didn't do this sort of thing 20 or 30 or 40 years ago.

Is my memory mistaken?

When I was in school the female teachers were not something most male students would want to touch. All over 40, overweight, or both. These ones you hear of nowadays, some are really hot and should not have trouble getting action.

Yes, I think it is new. Sure, there was probably always some female teacher somewhere who gave the boys some action. Over the years feminism evolved. At first it was women doing "men's work." Eventually it got to be women should not be afraid to behave like men. Part of that was bedding younger members of the opposite sex.

Then of course the women wonder why "they can't find a good man."
The President is a fink.
January 12th, 2015 at 4:37:57 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
I imagine the truth lies somewhere between the two extremes of "I don't remember it in my day" and "Didn't happen because no male would want to touch the fat old bag".

Alot of things got hushed up because publicity was so unwanted.

Get out of town was a prosecutor's response to such a situation. And males were often told: Army, Navy or Reform School.
January 12th, 2015 at 4:51:50 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
All those teachers, except one, I must say, were pretty hot. I don't think I would have objected very strenuously if one had come onto me when I was in high school. I must admit that I do subscribe to a double standard when it comes to this.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
January 12th, 2015 at 5:05:56 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Fleastiff
I imagine the truth lies somewhere between the two extremes of "I don't remember it in my day" and "Didn't happen because no male would want to touch the fat old bag".

Alot of things got hushed up because publicity was so unwanted.

Get out of town was a prosecutor's response to such a situation. And males were often told: Army, Navy or Reform School.

True, and predators are usually sharp enough to pick a target that has few friends, is an outcast, and will be unlikely to talk. I fit that description and never once got hit on. Which is good, because I wouldn't touch the fat, old bags in my school!

Of course if some guy did hook up I would be the last to know. I just found out 4-5 years ago that we had a girl at graduation that was near ready to deliver a kid at graduation, I was told the name and didn't have a clue who she was. So I would have had to watch the news to know. Good grief how I hated those days.
The President is a fink.
January 12th, 2015 at 5:19:45 PM permalink
zippyboy
Threads: 2
I was seduced by a hot teacher in her late 20s my senior year in HS, but I was too inexperienced to pick up on it. I spent my study hall periods flirting with her when she had no class that hour herself. I continuously skipped her class because it was my first class of the morning, but I passed anyway. One Friday at school, she invited me over to her house for dinner that night, gave me wine, played me some new-agey record by Pentangle, and even kissed me, but I was too inept to respond or even submit to her seduction. I was such a dork. I went off to a year of college in a town an hour away, and we wrote each other letters for a while.

I've looked for her on Facebook, Google, pipl.com, etc and can't find her. If I only knew then what I know now!
January 12th, 2015 at 6:02:51 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Is my memory mistaken?

I don't know. There may actually be something about how kids communicate today, that gets this stuff out in the open.

Perhaps it gets all things out that normally would only stay with a few people in the past and just be a whispered rumor.

Carrying a phone is carrying camera and recorder and evidence.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 12th, 2015 at 6:07:45 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Or maybe this was the turning point

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 12th, 2015 at 7:10:31 PM permalink
Mosca
Threads: 22
It keeps happening over & over: another story in the news about a female high school teacher having an inappropriate relationship with an underage boy. For example, Debra Lafave. And Kalee Warnick. Or Rachelle Gendron. Don't forget Shelley Dufresne or Rachel Respass or Amber Jennings. And Brianne Altice. (Yes, some of them are beautiful, but that's not my point.)

Is my memory mistaken?

We had two of them in my high school, and both were good looking. I graduated in 1972. The one told my sister that she thought I was good looking, I don't remember the exact words. I was just 14, I had no idea what was going on. I found out about 6 years later. That was a good thing, it would have really messed me up.

The other one is still teaching, but at a community college. She was messing with a guy in my class, the summer after we graduated he was killed while hitch hiking to her house, by a drunk driver. That was when she quit to teach somewhere else.
January 12th, 2015 at 11:16:31 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
All the teachers in my HS were old, over
30. Mostly over 50. This crap was unheard
of in the 60's. Something happened in
the late 60's, airhead women started
taking teaching in college. It's prevailed
to this day. This explains a lot when our
kids can't even read a TV Guide.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.