Glamping

Page 2 of 2<12
January 19th, 2015 at 12:21:12 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Fleastiff
and what creature comforts we find overwhelmingly necessary.

All of them, and those I don't even
know about yet.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 19th, 2015 at 12:41:28 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Evenbob
Even the motor homes
give the creeps. I hear people my age saying
they are buying an $80K home on wheels
and 'seeing the country'.

The reason I like the RV idea (primarily) is because you can have nice weather, or any weather you want. Just drive north or south. And you can get rid of neighbors instantly. You can leave or go where you want, no packing. If you've got the cash you don't even need to give up much. With wifi and such it's all the amenities you should need.

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 19th, 2015 at 12:48:40 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Glamping is when you have portable generators, comfy chairs and a trailer to retire to. This yurt thing doesn't sound like camping in any form what so ever....
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
January 19th, 2015 at 12:53:04 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: rxwine
If you've got the cash you don't even need to give up much.

I can't imagine a bigger hassle than
driving one of these monsters down
the road and the nightmare of parking
it in an RV space every night. And
palling around with fellow Peg and Al
Bundy types who love seeing the USA
at 8 miles to the gallon. Give me a
nice room and an indoor heated pool
any day.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 19th, 2015 at 12:54:49 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
The reason I like the RV idea (primarily) is because you can have nice weather, or any weather you want. Just drive north or south. And you can get rid of neighbors instantly. You can leave or go where you want, no packing. If you've got the cash you don't even need to give up much. With wifi and such it's all the amenities you should need.

I am more with EB on the RV thing. I did a some loans on them back in my auto-loan days. That was a hassle because they were hard to price with the options and you basically had to talk to the salesman to do it right. That annoyed some borrowers, they did not understand the process.

Anyways, I was talking to one borrower and the conversation was such that I was able to ask what was so great about RVing since for the price you could stay at very nice places. She said the allure was that there you could take lots of your stuff with you and there was no packing/unpacking. Even at a short stop it was all there, even driving down the road.

I just would be worried about the neighbors.

The President is a fink.
January 19th, 2015 at 1:01:53 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Evenbob
I can't imagine a bigger hassle than
driving one of these monsters down
the road and the nightmare of parking
it in an RV space every night. .

I think that is overcome, much like experienced 18 wheel drivers who do it all day.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 19th, 2015 at 1:23:34 PM permalink
Evenbob
I think that is overcome, much like experienced 18 wheel drivers who do it all day.

My brother is a truck driver and hates it. It
pays real well, however.

We took a tour of the big RV's when there
was an RV show in a mall a couple years
ago. Even in the biggest most expensive
one, my wife looked at the bathroom and
said if I ever get one I can tour alone. I
told her not to worry.
Page 2 of 2<12