America's ally: Saudi Arabia

February 5th, 2015 at 9:31:38 AM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
Yesterday morning, the New York Times reported that Saudi Arabia was the principal financier of the 9/11 terrorist attack, and the Bush administration was involved in a cover-up to protect the Saudis. It’s a bipartisan scandal: the Obama administration is intent on continuing the cover-up.

The NY Times named the 3 prominent Saudi royal family members who apparently financed the attacks: Prince Bandar bin Sultan (pictured below; he’s the former head of Saudi intelligence) Prince Turki al-Faisal (he’s the former Saudi ambassadar in Washington) and of course Prince Alwaleed bin Talal (he’s the billionaire investor who recently owned an enormous stake in Fox News’ parent company).

In defense of Bush and Obama, what the hell are we supposed to do? Boycott Saudi oil? Bomb them? The truth is, we can’t bomb or boycott the world’s biggest oil exporter. Our lifestyle is at stake. They are simply too powerful, they cannot be punished.

Pictured: Condoleezza Rice hanging out with the honorable Prince Bandar bin Sultan.
February 5th, 2015 at 10:03:03 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Been hearing this since October of 2001. Too much logic doesn't fit. The Saudis booted Bin Laden and in fact his real goal was to topple the Saudi regime by bringing friction between them and the USA. That is why he used almost all Saudi nationals to pull it off. Why would the NYT break this now? Perhaps because Jeb is starting to look strong?

Sorry, but the NYT has near-zero credibility anymore.
The President is a fink.
February 5th, 2015 at 2:00:16 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
Quote: AZDuffman
Why would the NYT break this now? Perhaps because Jeb is starting to look strong?

I don't view this scandal as Republican vs. Democrat. The elite politicians of both parties curry favor for the Saudi Royal family.

How about I link to some conservative media sources that maybe you'll trust? Here's Fox News' coverage. Here's the NY Post coverage. Not right-wing enough for ya? Here's Newsmax. Glenn Beck's blog The Blaze. And Infowars is about as far to the right as you can get.

In an interview with Fox News, Republican Congressman Walter Jones says that Zacarias Moussaoui's new testimony is similar to the contents of the secret 28 pages in the 9/11 report that were censored by Bush.

And yes, Obama is in on the cover-up...

February 5th, 2015 at 2:58:39 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: reno
They are simply too powerful, they cannot be punished.

Too big to be failed?

I'm trying to remember if any of our alliances with shady regimes has ever not caused more headaches later on. It always ends up being a PIA sooner or later.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 5th, 2015 at 3:01:31 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Actually, I think the Saudi ruling family has done a lot of this to maintain power. Always with a smile though.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 5th, 2015 at 3:11:03 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine

I'm trying to remember if any of our alliances with shady regimes has ever not caused more headaches later on. It always ends up being a PIA sooner or later.

That is the game of international geopolitics. And if you matter you must play.
The President is a fink.
February 5th, 2015 at 8:18:43 PM permalink
boymimbo
Threads: 5
Yep. America has to play Geopolitics. I am sure that most Americans would love to see a free North Korea, for example, but we have to play with Russia and China. America likes the Saudis because they have alot of land, and alot of oil, and are stable and stay directly out of conflicts with Israel.