real men don't search for the remote by eye and let their women get cold

February 15th, 2015 at 3:50:26 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068

Are they kidding? Is this from the same ad company that convinced men that women find beer drinking sexy?
February 15th, 2015 at 3:54:43 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Who makes out on the couch like teenagers,
except teenagers. And they could care less
about the remote. Most married men are
like Al Bundy, they have to be forced to
touch their wives. I never understood Al,
until I'd been married about 5 years.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 15th, 2015 at 8:38:34 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: Evenbob
Who makes out on the couch like teenagers, except teenagers.

Whoa there. A couch is often a vital transitioning point for a woman. A young woman can go out to a single's bar absolutely utterly convinced she is going to find some man and drag him home with her even if he is kicking and screaming all the way. She may not admit to her girlfriends that she is that desperate and may not quite really want to admit to herself that she is (in America: in heat; in the UK on heat), but still... when she gets the guy home, they start out on the couch prior to any transitioning to the bedroom, even if its a rather quick transition, she still wants to start out on the couch and hear something about instant attraction and it being so right.

I don't know about most married men being Al Bundy. Perhaps. I think it was more "Marry the high school girl with big boobs and then later settle down to Real Life and find out you want to discuss philosophy and she want to gossip about the neighbors". You've put some years into the marriage, got two kids, so you might as well stay together and meet various needs but when you do it with her, you'll be thinking about a female philosopher and she will be dreaming about a younger man who makes decent money and doesn't turn over and go to sleep quite so fast.
February 15th, 2015 at 11:43:42 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Fleastiff
but when you do it with her, you'll be thinking about

Married sex is work sex. Ever have a dish
you really love, then have it four times
a week for a month? You still like it,
but will avoid it if at all possible. Sex
is the most over rated activity on the
planet. And the most disappointing.

Looking at beautiful women is never
disappointing, as long as you keep it
to just looking.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 16th, 2015 at 4:07:16 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
last few posts cracked me up, Bob, you are on your game today
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
February 16th, 2015 at 5:36:31 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: Evenbob
Married sex is work sex.
For many couples work sex is modulated by "date night", or "variety night" or sometimes its simply that work sex is accepted as cheaper and less frightening than leaping that big unknown void that starts with divorce and ends in poverty, bitterness and work sex with someone else.

I sometimes think the happiest women are the hedonistic girls who become yachties in the Caribbean and enjoy lots of sex but with a clear attitude that marriage is a "perhaps someday" and kids are a "perhaps one, some later day".
February 16th, 2015 at 4:35:26 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: Fleastiff
l... when she gets the guy home, they start out on the couch prior to any transitioning to the bedroom, even if its a rather quick transition, she still wants to start out on the couch and hear something about instant attraction and it being so right.

But does she worry about him not being able to find the remote?