Now, this is really odd.

February 16th, 2015 at 12:10:44 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
At work I have an HP desktop PC with Win7. 99% of the time it runs like a dream. The only thing that slow sit down is trying to open or save files directly in Outlook (I've told IT they screwed up royally, as the machine runs perfectly <w>).

But it does something really odd, too. After a few hours working, the fonts, icons, etc. get larger. When I check the display settings, they are exactly the same. They don't change, but everything looks bigger on the screen.

Odd.

I haven't reported it to IT because otherwise the PC is running perfectly, and I don't want them to screw it up.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
February 16th, 2015 at 12:50:32 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
difference between monitor settings and windows settings? a chip that gets warm somewhere?
February 16th, 2015 at 1:07:33 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Sometimes I find my screensaver running at high speed. Not sure if it's a bug, but in all these million line coded systems there's bound to be unfound glitches.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 16th, 2015 at 1:14:15 PM permalink
Nareed
Quote: rxwine
Sometimes I find my screensaver running at high speed.

In the old days of Win95, my brother and I experimented a great deal with themes and screen savers. Some did things no one has ever been able to explain.

Quote:
Not sure if it's a bug, but in all these million line coded systems there's bound to be unfound glitches.

I think if a change in screen visibility is the worse glitch in my PC, I should welcome it and never, ever try to fix it. My home PC often freezes to death, poor thing, when running Flash and/or Shockwave. The other day I had to reboot it three times in one hour.

PS maybe it's an Easter Egg that went rotten? ;)
February 16th, 2015 at 1:35:06 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Bad monitor? Hook it to another monitor
and see if that changes it.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 16th, 2015 at 1:38:11 PM permalink
Nareed
Oh, another oddity:

I got my used iphone 4 without a charger. I simply bought a generic one (despite warnings not to). eventually I got a second one for the office and one for the car, all generic. They all work every time, without any problems so far.

The other day I was using the iphone charger at the office to charge a portable battery (never mind why). I asked a coworker to use his 100% original Apple brand charger and he let me. After a few minutes I went to check on the phone's progress, and there was a warning to the effect the charger was "probably" not geniuine and charging had been turned off. I reset it and it failed again.

So the one time the iphone had a problem with a charger, it was with an original 100% pure Apple-made one!

Despite all the warnings ;)