new use for old fishing boat

Page 3 of 3<123
February 20th, 2015 at 10:17:15 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: FrGamble
And religion provide the inspiration.

If you need it, sure! :D
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
February 20th, 2015 at 10:23:53 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Face
At one time, oxygen was a poison, wasn't it?

It's still is.

We just are adapted to it. But there are still more than a few organisms out there which die quickly when exposed to oxygen.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
February 20th, 2015 at 11:04:37 AM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
Quote: Face
Genesis 1:26 through 1:30. All of everything is ours to use.

The Bible contradicts itself...

Isaiah 24:4-6 - The earth dries up and withers, the world languishes and withers, the exalted of the earth languish. The earth is defiled by its people; they have disobeyed the laws, violated the statutes and broken the everlasting covenant. Therefore a curse consumes the earth; its people must bear their guilt. Therefore earth's inhabitants are burned up, and very few are left.

Jeremiah 2:7 - I brought you into a fertile land to eat its fruit and rich produce. But you came and defiled my land and made my inheritance detestable.

Revelation 11:18 - The nations were angry; and your wrath has come. The time has come for judging the dead, and for rewarding your servants the prophets and your saints and those who reverence your name, both small and great — and for destroying those who destroy the earth.
February 20th, 2015 at 12:26:18 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
The old testament doesn't count.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
February 20th, 2015 at 2:17:53 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: reno

Isaiah 24:4-6 - The earth dries up and withers, the world languishes and withers, the exalted of the earth languish. The earth is defiled by its people; they have disobeyed the laws, violated the statutes and broken the everlasting covenant. Therefore a curse consumes the earth; its people must bear their guilt. Therefore earth's inhabitants are burned up, and very few are left.

Jeremiah 2:7 - I brought you into a fertile land to eat its fruit and rich produce. But you came and defiled my land and made my inheritance detestable.

Revelation 11:18 - The nations were angry; and your wrath has come. The time has come for judging the dead, and for rewarding your servants the prophets and your saints and those who reverence your name, both small and great — and for destroying those who destroy the earth.

I don't see the contradiction. Genesis says pretty clearly to me that we have to be responsible stewards of this amazing planet Earth. Your quotes above remind us that God takes seriously the sin of destroying the Earth. I can't wait for the Pope's encyclical on this subject.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
February 20th, 2015 at 2:23:58 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: reno

Water is wet.

Fire is hot.

Are we playing Captain Obvious?
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
February 20th, 2015 at 3:49:28 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Yeah, the bible's contradictions start right in the first two chapters of Genesis. Who came first, man or beast?

There is quite an explaination of this and the other Genesis contradictions, and why they are not a problem, on this page
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Page 3 of 3<123