No Jury Would Convict Me

March 19th, 2015 at 3:50:13 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
I lost the dynamic electronic key device to make some banking operations online. I went to the bank to get a new one. At the teller I was informed I need to request it from one of the account executives. This is a small bank branch, so they're often busy. Anyway, I caught one stepping out of his office and told him what I wanted. he told me to please have a seat and wait a few minutes til he was done with another customer.

After waiting 15 minutes, he ushered me into his office and asked how he could be of service. I repeated what I'd told him earlier, and he said "Oh, we can replace it, but we don't have any right now. Could you come back next Monday?"

Had I done something about it, I'm sure no jury would convict me.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
April 15th, 2015 at 7:05:47 AM permalink
Nareed
So this government agency publishes an open invitation yesterday afternoon (Apr. 14th). They require, I mean this literally, over a half metric ton of samples (over 1,000 lbs.) to be delivered tomorrow morning (Apr. 16th), before there is even a questions meeting (on Apr. 17th). Oh, we also have to pay a few thousands for the samples to be sent to a lab for analyses, with a certified check no less.

I wonder how far I can go medieval on them before a jury would convict me ;)
April 16th, 2015 at 3:41:30 PM permalink
Nareed
They sorta-kinda-more-or-less changed the sample delivery schedule, but we still have to deliver lots of them.

For those who'll attend the gathering this year in Vegas, I'll be showing pictures if anyone's interested.