Last Twinkees will soon be baked

Page 2 of 3<123>
November 18th, 2012 at 5:00:14 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: zippyboy
Like everyone else, I went looking for Hostess crap a couple days ago and found most shelves bare, but I did buy some cinny Donettes and some nasty chocolate pies. Twinkies were sold out at the places I tried. Once home, I searched ebay for entertainment and people are offering all kinds of Hostess stuff, but only a few things seem to be of value like vintage shelving and lunchboxes. Here's a pic of Town Talk sign I didn't understand till I read AZDuffman's explanation. Thanks, AZ!

That is a rare and local item here! "Braun" was the local bakery in PIT until the late 1980s. No idea if they had more than one place. This is a rare find, though at the price they are charging neithe the Pickers or Rick would be interested.

FWIW that place never made the Twinkies or other snacks, just the bread. Wonder Bread seems lost in the mourning among the Twinkee lovers.
The President is a fink.
November 19th, 2012 at 10:34:08 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: 98Clubs
You forgot the most important ingredient... PRESERVATIVES!... thats what makes them last 20 years without spoiling! :oP

Twinkies don't last 20 years... it's an urban myth (see - Zombieland, snopes)
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
November 19th, 2012 at 12:04:41 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: TheCesspit
Twinkies don't last 20 years... it's an urban myth (see - Zombieland, snopes)

People confuse "last" with "edible" in Twinkies. There is not much to decompose in them so they do not "dissapear." But I doubt you want to bite into one even a year old.
The President is a fink.
November 19th, 2012 at 4:45:44 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239

I have a feeling I'm going to regret posting this picture.

As mentioned, I've been a Ding Dong man for as long as I can remember. For the last 20 years I've been watching my weight, and haven't let myself enjoy that luxury. However, in my younger days I often picked up a box when hitting the super market.

This picture was taken in 1985, on my 20th birthday. Pictured with me are Angela and Wendy, two friends of my roommates, whom I saw often. If you don't believe it is me, note the Hawaiian shirt and license plates. It is hard to tell but they are holding a plate of Ding Dongs with candels in them.

Yes, that is me smoking too. It is a clove cigarette, which I had once in a while back then. It was my birthday -- give me a break.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
November 19th, 2012 at 5:02:21 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
The road to Hell is paved with Ding Dongs. : )
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 19th, 2012 at 7:11:36 PM permalink
98Clubs
Threads: 2
And the Road to Hockey is paved with Ring-Dings.
Drake's Cakes = Heaven??? lol
There are four things certain in life... Death, Taxes, the Resistance to them, and Stupidity.
November 19th, 2012 at 7:29:57 PM permalink
AcesAndEights
Threads: 6
Wow, I'm so glad you posted that picture. Joining DT has been totally worth it!
"You think I'm joking." -EvenBob
November 19th, 2012 at 9:06:09 PM permalink
theodores
Threads: 2
You just moved your cool quotient away from Big Bang Theory and closer to Obama circa 2004 with that picture.

Props for the jug of Carlo Rossi. How does that one fall on the Wizard wine scale?
November 19th, 2012 at 10:24:28 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: theodores
You just moved your cool quotient away from Big Bang Theory and closer to Obama circa 2004 with that picture.

Props for the jug of Carlo Rossi. How does that one fall on the Wizard wine scale?

Thanks. I'll take any cool points I can get. I have so few you know.

I don't remember what Carlo Rossi tastes like, but any wine sold in jugs I would probably give a low score. Back then we college students were not so picky about alcohol.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
November 20th, 2012 at 5:12:08 AM permalink
DJTeddyBear
Threads: 5
Quote: Wizard

I have a feeling I'm going to regret posting this picture.
Nah. We all have similar skeletons in our closets...

...BIG NEWS: The unions and management are back in negotiations!...
Ignorance is bliss and knowledge is power. But having only some facts can get you into trouble!
Page 2 of 3<123>