What is most annoying thing about this video?

Page 2 of 2<12
Poll
1 vote (33.33%)
No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
2 votes (66.66%)

3 members have voted

April 9th, 2015 at 7:38:38 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Friends holding camera, I think. .No selfie stick and image too stable for one.

Obviously rigged. Manattees like shallow protected areas. No danger for her at any time and she knew it. Her friends knew it too.

Annoying. Not entertaining.

Utterly without redeeming social value unless you enjoy the momentary clip of the yacht in the background.
April 9th, 2015 at 7:50:28 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Fleastiff
Annoying. Not entertaining.

Should have ended in an ice bucket challenge.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 9th, 2015 at 11:20:42 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: terapined
Gee, just wasted 75 seconds of my life...
Most anoying thing about this video, somebody I respect posted this :-)

I enjoyed it for the reason Paco posted
it, not a waste of time at all.

Most annoying thing is, you think people
post to please you. We post to please
ourselves, if it pleases others, OK. If it
doesn't, tough shit.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 9th, 2015 at 11:22:21 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: FrGamble
You would think that I would find most annoying the taking of the Lord's name in vain,.

If there was a Lord. There isn't, so don't
worry about it.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 10th, 2015 at 9:31:17 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: Pacomartin

I was going to make a more serious post. This girl seems to believe she was in real danger, but she wouldn't drop the selfie stick and stop filming herself. It would seem to be the height of narcissism, that someone would want to document themselves being mauled.

But then I couldn't figure out if the whole thing was staged. Finally, I put it up for vote.

It wasn't staged. This is how stupid people actually act.

You can see, momentarily, that her logical mind kicked in for a split second. She smiled. It's a GD sea cow. But the idiocy that pervades most folks, the same that post memes like this...

... is just too much for most to overcome.

I don't believe it was intentionally filmed out of narcissism. A stick + camera is a several hundred dollar device. She wasn't going to drop it. And my BVI experiences have shown me that swimming with something, anything, in your hand is very difficult. The easiest way to do so is to not use that arm and keep the object out of the water. Which is, I believe, what she was doing and why it resulted in her filming herself.

At least she gagged on salt water. That makes me feel a little better.

The future of America, ladies and gentlemen.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
April 10th, 2015 at 11:15:13 AM permalink
Evenbob
I have no sea lion experience, I might
over react too. I saw a harmless breed
of shark in the Pacific in 1979 and
got my ass out as quick as possible.
Never went back in the 5 years I lived
there. It was too cold anyway.
April 10th, 2015 at 9:32:24 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: Evenbob
I have no sea lion experience, I might over react too.

A sea lion can be 600 lb to over a ton, and can bite as a territorial act. I would react to a sea lion. Seals are aggressive as well. The navy used to train them as they are much more nimble than dolphins. But they are too easily frustrated and bite you all the time.

Manatees eat plants and would lip you until you giggle. They have no canine teeth, just some molars to grind up the plants. They all congregate in the same places in Florida, where there are big signs to tell you that it is a Manatee habitat, so there is no chance that a swimmer would be splashing around and confuse a manatee with a Hammerhead shark.

A manatee is big, however. Most adults weigh over 1000 pounds.
April 10th, 2015 at 9:51:04 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I think manatees are still protected. I grew up in Florida.

Motorboat propellers are their nemesis. Because of their nature, they are easy targets if people want to harm them.

Apparently manatee meat is really tasty. Never eaten it though.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
Page 2 of 2<12