What's on your reading/listening list?

Page 6 of 6« First<3456
November 15th, 2016 at 6:20:38 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 301
Would it be completely unethical to download an audiobook with the intention of listening to it and then returning it?
If Trump where half as smart as he thinks he is, he'd be twice as smart as he really is.
November 15th, 2016 at 7:10:34 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 2
Quote: Nareed
Would it be completely unethical to download an audiobook with the intention of listening to it and then returning it?

Not if you get it from a library.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
November 15th, 2016 at 7:15:10 AM permalink
Nareed
Quote: Dalex64
Not if you get it from a library.

I suppose Audible qualifies as a library :)
If Trump where half as smart as he thinks he is, he'd be twice as smart as he really is.
March 17th, 2017 at 6:52:00 PM permalink
Nareed
I found a really good podcast called "The Fall of Rome" by Patrick Wyman.

He tackles the reasons for the fall of the Western Roman Empire in a thematic fashion. There's a rather in-depth look at several of the "barbarians" who influenced this fall, too. This includes an overview of the Huns as a semi-nomadic steppe empire.

Much of the material was covered by Mike Duncan in "The History of Rome," but not in as much detail. And Wyman has his own take on the subject.

Speaking of Duncan, he's back at last, with the mid-XIX Century revolutions in Europe. Of course he starts in France. I'm glad to be done with the various wars of independence in South America. The topic never grabbed me, and it all seemed to centered on Simon Bolivar. The preceding segment, the Haitian Revolution, was far more interesting.
March 18th, 2017 at 9:34:36 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 18
I bought Moonwalking With Einstein about six months ago and I am finally going to read it, if I remember too.
Page 6 of 6« First<3456