TV too make the world a better place

May 16th, 2015 at 9:59:57 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
i watched the pilot for "Frankie and Grace" which earned a dismal 48% on rotten tomatoes. Not quite as dismal as 30% for MARCO POLO: SEASON 1 (2014), but nowhere near the House of Cards Season 1/2/3 (84%,85%,76%) or Transparent on amazon Prime (98%).

The series is about two couple in their 70's where the men having been having a clandestine gay relationship for 20 years as well a business partnership. The husbands break up the marriage so they can live their retirement years as a married gay couple.

It seems like I am being preached to a lot when I watch a TV series. It reminds me of a woman I met who kept taking her breast prosthesis after her mastectomy to show me because she felt it was her duty to acclimatize men to this surgery. I didn't even know her.
May 16th, 2015 at 10:40:29 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I can't watch it, I don't like either
Fonda or Tomlin. And the reviews
are tepid. Fonda is 77, and she
never could act. She looks great
though, her and Raquel Welsh
have done a superb job of preserving
their looks. Raquel says it's a
full time job because her looks
are her business. Literally her
business.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 17th, 2015 at 3:29:34 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Pacomartin

It seems like I am being preached to a lot when I watch a TV series.

TV has been doing this forever. It is one reason "Seinfeld" was successful, it never preached, it just entertained.

I won't be tuning in.
The President is a fink.
May 17th, 2015 at 12:38:18 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Pacomartin
It reminds me of a woman I met who kept taking her breast prosthesis after her mastectomy to show me because she felt it was her duty to acclimatize men to this surgery. I didn't even know her.

I knew a woman who kept showing her
breasts to everybody when she had
implants done. Very unnerving.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.