Vegas 2015

May 22nd, 2015 at 7:35:03 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
In many ways this was perhaps my most uneventful trip. Perhaps because this time I didn't move around much. Therefore I'm not posting a real trip report.

Briefly, though, on the gaming side, I hit four deuces three times and a royal once at the Loose Deuce machine at the D. This makes for a payout of $575. Nice. But I still came out down overall. Why? Because the bubble craps machines and the craps tables did their best to kill me. They nearly succeeded. PGP wasn't any kinder. At one session I played for an hour for a $50 loss without winning a single hand (though I got some bonuses now and then).

On the plus side, I lost some weight and, more importantly, I got going on my story "Ours."

On the latter, I found myself leaping over obstacles effortlessly. Like, for example, what does Marina find on the planet, how does she react when the Big Dramatic Moment happens, how the ship's doctor handles it, etc. All this had me stumped when thinking about the story. Yet the moment I was writing it, solutions just popped out of my mind.

More later. I need to catch up on jet-lag sleep.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
May 22nd, 2015 at 8:56:06 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Might want to post this over at WOV.
My understanding is that the Wiz allows any topic here except Vegas and Gambling.
He does not want to compete with WOV.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 22nd, 2015 at 10:38:39 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
I'm okay with Nareed's post.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
May 22nd, 2015 at 11:53:10 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: Nareed
In many ways this was perhaps my most uneventful trip. Perhaps because this time I didn't move around much. Therefore I'm not posting a real trip report.

Briefly, though, on the gaming side, I hit four deuces three times and a royal once at the Loose Deuce machine at the D. This makes for a payout of $575. Nice. But I still came out down overall. Why? Because the bubble craps machines and the craps tables did their best to kill me. They nearly succeeded. PGP wasn't any kinder. At one session I played for an hour for a $50 loss without winning a single hand (though I got some bonuses now and then).

On the plus side, I lost some weight and, more importantly, I got going on my story "Ours."

On the latter, I found myself leaping over obstacles effortlessly. Like, for example, what does marina find on the planet, how does she react when the Big Dramatic Moment happens, how the ship's doctor handles it, etc. All this had me stumped when thinking abaout the story. Yet the moment I was writing it, solutions just popped out of my mind.

More later. I need to catch up on jet-lag sleep.

The Wiz is OK, cool.
Lets get this Vegas thread going.
I have never played the Loose Duce machine at the D.
I have played the nearby old Double Bonus full pay quarter machines pretty hard.
Have yet to hit a royal in Vegas.
Staying at the D late July, looking forward to the trip.
I never play bubble craps, too me the fun of craps is to be able to throw the dice sometimes.
I now avoid PGP at the D, too slow because they resolve the 3 card poker hand 1st.

Finally joined Myvegas, got 18k Loyalty points in 1 week, 22k more and going to try get a ticket to a Cirque show.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 24th, 2015 at 2:58:41 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
The chances I might be in Vegas this year or next are increasing ... the Missus has been mentioning it. Last time I was there was 2003, and was then pretty ignorant of the scene, and pretty much ignorant about gambling too.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
May 26th, 2015 at 9:22:45 AM permalink
Nareed
I do have an interesting story about two of the 4-deuces hits:

The second one came on Tuesday May 11th. I'd played the machine in the morning and left it up a dollar or so. Then i started work on "Ours." Around 5-6 pm I needed a break, so I went to the D to play the Loose Deuces. I had just about ran down the $20 buy-in, when the thing hit. A waitress saw me hit, when she had just reached the end of her shift. She was very happy I'd hit it.

Next day in the morning I hit it again rather soon. I played the remaining credits down to even and cashed out. That machine usually runs out of nickels quickly. So an attendant had to come to refill it. The same waitress saw this and she said "Oh, I thought you'd hit the deuces again." :)

I tried to explain I had, but she was busy working and I don't think she heard me.
May 27th, 2015 at 6:48:35 AM permalink
Nareed
Quote: terapined
I have never played the Loose Duce machine at the D.

This may be your last chance. I got a tip from a waitress that they're removing all the coin machines, except the Sigma Derby. They've already taken out the bank of 10/7 DB quarter machines near the escalator.

The odds they'll replace them with modern VP TITO machines with a similar pay table range from zero to really, really, really small, IMO. (really)

Quote:
Have yet to hit a royal in Vegas.

I hope you hit one now.

I've hit two, both at the nickel Loose Deuces, for a grand total of $400. Not bad, but I'd like to hit one in quarters someday. It's looking like I'll be playing quarters only next trip...

Quote:
Finally joined Myvegas, got 18k Loyalty points in 1 week, 22k more and going to try get a ticket to a Cirque show.

Find the FB groups that post and share bonus links. You can get a bit more chips to play that way.
May 27th, 2015 at 12:39:00 PM permalink
terapined
I am ok with the D removing the 10/7 DB coin machines, I prefer the 4 Queens 10/7 DB machines anyway with ticket in ticket out.
I have played a ton of VP in Vegas and am dismayed no royal yet.
I have played a little VP in Biloxi and hit 1 there.
Thanks for the advice on FB, I need to do that.
My FB page has absolutely nothing :-) I simply set it up for Myvegas only.
May 27th, 2015 at 12:59:42 PM permalink
Nareed
Quote: terapined
I am ok with the D removing the 10/7 DB coin machines,

I just hate to see good VP vanish.

Quote:
Thanks for the advice on FB, I need to do that.

You're welcome.

Mind the rules. There are limits on how many you can redeem or something. I lose patience after redeeming one or two, but some people try to get it all.