iZombie worthy successor to Buffy

Page 2 of 2<12
June 6th, 2015 at 2:31:13 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Pacomartin
and she gets emotional and angry she becomes dangerous with scary eyes.
]

That describes all women for a few days
every month. And yes, it is frightening.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 7th, 2015 at 12:04:12 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Zombie dancing has the appeal of p to approaching someone in the style of a zombie and by touching them, turning them into a zombie dance partner of some sort. So concerts or club acts or intermissions get some sort of group activity going.

It seems that even the Quadratic Equation gets sung to a strip tease and cornet playing. With the naked singer remaining on stage for awhile.
November 17th, 2015 at 4:59:28 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068

The show iZombie is still entertaining (20th episode tonight). Although the comic book character wasn't sexy, the TV character is very cute.

I wanted to give Supergirl a chance, but the 4th episode was a massive disappointment as it was like a douche commercial with women weeping and talking about their feelings for the entire show. "I became a government agent fighting aliens because I could never please you mommy". Dialogue like that for an hour.
November 18th, 2015 at 12:30:11 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89

I wanted to give Supergirl a chance, but the 4th episode was a massive disappointment as it was like a douche commercial with women weeping and talking about their feelings for the entire show. "I became a government agent fighting aliens because I could never please you mommy". Dialogue like that for an hour.

I understand they had to do a last minute swap since the originally scheduled episode had a plot that was uncomfortably close to the recent Paris massacre.
November 18th, 2015 at 2:12:42 PM permalink
Evenbob
"I became a government agent fighting aliens because I could never please you mommy". Dialogue like that for an hour.

I figured they depend on 80% of the
viewers to be females. Xena is ain't.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 18th, 2015 at 3:51:17 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Quote: Ayecarumba
I understand they had to do a last minute swap since the originally scheduled episode had a plot that was uncomfortably close to the recent Paris massacre.

The original episode Supergirl featured the city being hit by a series of bombings. Instead they swapped in the girls and their feelings episode instead.

I remember 16 years ago when a Buffy episode had a student loading a rifle in a clock tower. But instead of intending to shoot students, he was going to commit suicide. The Columbine massacre was the week before so they delayed the episode by a few months.

Networks have moved shows so many times now, that it is a little annoying that people can't realize that these fictional stories were shot months earlier, and has nothing whatsoever to do with real world events of a few days before the scheduled airing.

Procedural drama deliberately capitalizes on real world horror stories all the time, but fictional super hero / sci-fi /horror can't bump into real world monstrosity by accident.
November 18th, 2015 at 6:50:04 PM permalink
Evenbob
The episode that aired Monday of Legends has a
Muslim taking weapons to Paris from London so
he can kill a bunch of people. Talk about a
coincidence.
November 18th, 2015 at 7:03:12 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
I thought the plot device of the zombie absorbing the brain's memories, skills and defects was fun, but the hero temporarily taking on memories and different skills via a plot device has been done in a number of other shows. There's a show called "Stitchers" on ABC Family where the heroine is able to walk around in the memories of the recently deceased in order to solve their murders. Unfortunately, the lead, Emma Ishtar, is not a very good actress, but she sure is tall.

November 18th, 2015 at 7:46:48 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Quote: Ayecarumba
I thought the plot device of the zombie absorbing the brain's memories, skills and defects was fun, but the hero temporarily taking on memories and different skills via a plot device has been done in a number of other shows.

No, it certainly isn't an original plot device. As a matter of fact, the show seems to be an amalgamation of TV genres. I mostly like how the cast plays off each other. It has more chemistry than most shows.

Page 2 of 2<12